Contract Negotiations

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by thisjobaintforeverybody, Jan 20, 2018.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I agree our supplemental is pretty good. The reason I believe we will cave is because UPS will not except a no. We have sunshine practically 24/7. They will want to take full advantage of that.

2. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I'm personally not opposed to seven day delivery. I will vote no and be willing to strike over split weekends.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

And the union has set the wage scale for years. What a revelation.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

This is only partially true. The Company presents a compensation package and works with the Union to determine how it is to be split between FT and PT.

It is obvious that PT wages need to be addressed.

I would still like to see the option of a slightly higher wage in lieu of benefits, especially for those who can still be covered by their parents' insurance.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  5. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

How is this "partially true"? The union gets x amount of $/hr and the union splits it up.
    The company has griped for years at the turn over in pters due to the low compensation and who determines when the pt gets healthcare? After one year?

Regardless of the reason for the deferred HC the company has to eat the turn over and for years they've taken it on the financial chin.

These are minimum levels of compensation so why doesn't the company just raise the pt wage across the board right now or from day one of a new CBA since they "work with the union" on the pay scale. They agree to an amount/hr but they've not been happy with the PT's massive turn over due to the starting pay.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

The Company and Union work together to set the PT starting pay rate.

7. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

I'll tag your post coward.
    You're full of crap as usual.
    So it's only the last CBA that the company has been pulling it's hair out on pt turnover?
    It's been a major headache for the company for at least 10-12 yrs.
    The FT votes. That's where the attention goes. That's where the "company works with the union" to pass a CBA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

It will be so nice to leave you Joe Unions to hide behind the contract as I move on to the next phase of my life.

I have been told by officials from both the Union and Company that they work together to set both the FT and PT starting pay rates.

9. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

God I hope so! I believe that he still will.

10. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

That wasn’t the case in 97.... the company came with more money after 2 weeks... they found the extra cash probably from the mgts MIP awards for the following 5 years ..lol

11. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

We will miss you like a hang nail or the flu.

Maybe you heard wrong. I presume that there's limited decibels under those desks.

12. Coldworld

Well whatever it is a .50 bump in the starting wage in 25 years is absolutely pathetic!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

97 was under different leadership. Go figure.

14. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

I agree. We will eventually run a 7 day business. I’m cool with that. As long as my ass is home Saturday and Sunday! I’ll march for no weekends.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Is it?

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Would you agree to a higher hourly wage in lieu of a pension contribution?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Nope but I am not 22 years old.

18. Coldworld

Absolutely... are you crazy

19. 623STEWARD

623STEWARD Member

Most of the clowns now complaining on here voted for the idiots negotiating these upcoming concessions
    FACT

20. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

As long as they vote.