Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

542thruNthru

Seems to me that our supplemental isn't too bad. I know our local is going to fight split weekends. I'm pretty sure I can get people to engage over this issue, if nothing else.

I agree our supplemental is pretty good. The reason I believe we will cave is because UPS will not except a no. We have sunshine practically 24/7. They will want to take full advantage of that.

A

Article 3

Q: What is the IBT doing about the fact that there are not enough people filling part-time jobs?
A: Addressing under-staffing in all classifications is a top priority. We will attempt to address this by bringing the part-time wage scale up. This will help with retention of part timers already working and allow UPS to hire a sufficient number of employees to staff its operations. We consider the current wage scale to be outdated, and UPS will have a hard time saying otherwise.
And the union has set the wage scale for years. What a revelation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And the union has set the wage scale for years. What a revelation.

This is only partially true. The Company presents a compensation package and works with the Union to determine how it is to be split between FT and PT.

It is obvious that PT wages need to be addressed.

I would still like to see the option of a slightly higher wage in lieu of benefits, especially for those who can still be covered by their parents' insurance.

A

Article 3

This is only partially true. The Company presents a compensation package and works with the Union to determine how it is to be split between FT and PT.

I would still like to see the option of a slightly higher wage in lieu of benefits, especially for those who can still be covered by their parents' insurance.
How is this "partially true"? The union gets x amount of $/hr and the union splits it up.
The company has griped for years at the turn over in pters due to the low compensation and who determines when the pt gets healthcare? After one year?

Regardless of the reason for the deferred HC the company has to eat the turn over and for years they've taken it on the financial chin.

These are minimum levels of compensation so why doesn't the company just raise the pt wage across the board right now or from day one of a new CBA since they "work with the union" on the pay scale. They agree to an amount/hr but they've not been happy with the PT's massive turn over due to the starting pay.

A

Article 3

The Company and Union work together to set the PT starting pay rate.
I'll tag your post coward.
You're full of crap as usual.
So it's only the last CBA that the company has been pulling it's hair out on pt turnover?
It's been a major headache for the company for at least 10-12 yrs.
The FT votes. That's where the attention goes. That's where the "company works with the union" to pass a CBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll tag your post coward.
You're full of crap as usual.
So it's only the last CBA that the company has been pulling it's hair out on pt turnover?
It's been a major headache for the company for at least 10-12 yrs.
The FT votes. That's where the attention goes. That's where the "company works with the union" to pass a CBA.
That wasn’t the case in 97.... the company came with more money after 2 weeks... they found the extra cash probably from the mgts MIP awards for the following 5 years ..lol

A

Article 3

It will be so nice to leave you Joe Unions to hide behind the contract as I move on to the next phase of my life.

I have been told by officials from both the Union and Company that they work together to set both the FT and PT starting pay rates.
We will miss you like a hang nail or the flu.

Maybe you heard wrong. I presume that there's limited decibels under those desks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It will be so nice to leave you Joe Unions to hide behind the contract as I move on to the next phase of my life.

I have been told by officials from both the Union and Company that they work together to set both the FT and PT starting pay rates.
Well whatever it is a .50 bump in the starting wage in 25 years is absolutely pathetic!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm personally not opposed to seven day delivery. I will vote no and be willing to strike over split weekends.
I agree. We will eventually run a 7 day business. I’m cool with that. As long as my ass is home Saturday and Sunday! I’ll march for no weekends.

PT Car Washer

Would you agree to a higher hourly wage in lieu of a pension contribution?