Contract Negotiations

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by thisjobaintforeverybody, Jan 20, 2018.

1. TheBrownFlush

TheBrownFlush Well-Known Member

They won't have to find the money this time around. There is plenty and the part they hate is the rank and file know.

2. That's what happens when you are a public company, they can't hide it anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. SolidWoodPanel

SolidWoodPanel Probably the Greatest American Alive

This job is reason most employees need benefits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Well this whole Forum is basically 80% fluff, 15% crap slinging, and 5% good advice.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. How long you been in management dude? Just sayin

6. lovelyleo

lovelyleo New Member

Wonder if the negotiations plan to make any changes to the pc drivers progression rate and length before top pay?

7. lovelyleo

lovelyleo New Member

Wonder if the negotiations plan to make any changes to the pc drivers progression rate and length before top pay?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

One of the proposals from the Union is to shorten the progression.

See above.

9. Wrong! 81% with your comment!

10. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

I've heard through the vibes they are trying to reduce progression to 2 years. No work on how that affects people currently in progression. I asked and got no answer.

11. Same way it worked last contract. UPS isn't going to change your current progression .

12. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

But they've always increased it in the past.

Being that they are decreasing it, union could argue new peepa will be making more in 2 years than someone currently in progression.

13. Last contract drivers that we're in the beginning of the three year progression was upset that the new drivers under the 4 year progression was making more money then they were.

14. IGotARock

IGotARock Active Member

I know of several people who were in the two-year progression who suddenly found themselves in the new four-year progression. So...it could have an affect on drivers currently in the progression.

15. Two year progression is for air drivers. Drivers who was under the three year progression before August 1st 2013, progression did not change for them.

16. IGotARock

IGotARock Active Member

The language I saw was along the lines of new hires and anyone not currently through the progression would be reduced to the new lower amount. A boy can dream. Lol

Because if a new hire is suddenly making a lot more money than I am, I am going to feel completely betrayed.

17. And I bet they want a lower top rate to go along with that shorter progression

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. IGotARock

IGotARock Active Member

Unacceptable.

19. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I heard 15 year progression, with the savings going to senior drivers pension.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

That gets my YES vote!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List