Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That wasn’t the case in 97.... the company came with more money after 2 weeks... they found the extra cash probably from the mgts MIP awards for the following 5 years ..lol
They won't have to find the money this time around. There is plenty and the part they hate is the rank and file know.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
This is only partially true. The Company presents a compensation package and works with the Union to determine how it is to be split between FT and PT.

It is obvious that PT wages need to be addressed.

I would still like to see the option of a slightly higher wage in lieu of benefits, especially for those who can still be covered by their parents' insurance.
This job is reason most employees need benefits.

dogs.bite.me

Wonder if the negotiations plan to make any changes to the pc drivers progression rate and length before top pay?

I've heard through the vibes they are trying to reduce progression to 2 years. No work on how that affects people currently in progression. I asked and got no answer.

dogs.bite.me

Same way it worked last contract. UPS isn't going to change your current progression .

But they've always increased it in the past.

Being that they are decreasing it, union could argue new peepa will be making more in 2 years than someone currently in progression.

But they've always increased it in the past.

Being that they are decreasing it, union could argue new peepa will be making more in 2 years than someone currently in progression.
Last contract drivers that we're in the beginning of the three year progression was upset that the new drivers under the 4 year progression was making more money then they were.

IGotARock

I know of several people who were in the two-year progression who suddenly found themselves in the new four-year progression. So...it could have an affect on drivers currently in the progression.

I know of several people who were in the two-year progression who suddenly found themselves in the new four-year progression. So...it could have an affect on drivers currently in the progression.
Two year progression is for air drivers. Drivers who was under the three year progression before August 1st 2013, progression did not change for them.

IGotARock

The language I saw was along the lines of new hires and anyone not currently through the progression would be reduced to the new lower amount. A boy can dream. Lol

Because if a new hire is suddenly making a lot more money than I am, I am going to feel completely betrayed.

The language I saw was along the lines of new hires and anyone not currently through the progression would be reduced to the new lower amount. A boy can dream. Lol

Because if a new hire is suddenly making a lot more money than I am, I am going to feel completely betrayed.
And I bet they want a lower top rate to go along with that shorter progression

Last edited: