Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

km3

I always want more just like every other person in a job. But I look at what other jobs don’t have compared to us.

Union jobs should set the standard, so the industry can bring itself closer to their level. Not look at what the rest of the industry is doing, and lower the standard accordingly.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I compare my job to the local chemical plant in my city. Same pay rate. Only for a family plan of insurance they pay $500 a month. $3200 deductible. No pension. I don’t get greedy.
I compare my job to other local union labor. It's slightly above average.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I compare my job to the local chemical plant in my city. Same pay rate. Only for a family plan of insurance they pay $500 a month. $3200 deductible. No pension. I don’t get greedy.
Asking for status quo when the companies is making 1 billion plus per quarter isn't being greedy.

There is zero reason for us at this point to pay for healthcare.

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Asking for status quo when the companies is making 1 billion plus per quarter isn't being greedy.

There is zero reason for us at this point to pay for healthcare.

I remember there was a rumor going around that we may be going to $40 an hour. Can anybody clarify on that?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No counter offer and meet in the middle.

Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when our union balked to the 70 hour rule change ??
Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when they wouldn't pay owed 9.5 grievances ??
Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when they forced fathers not to see their kids on a Saturday ???
You act like this is a game of Candyland but everyone else is playing Risk !!!

I remember there was a rumor going around that we may be going to $40 an hour. Can anybody clarify on that?
Maybe at the end of our next contract in 5 years.

babboo25

Banned
Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when our union balked to the 70 hour rule change ??
Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when they wouldn't pay owed 9.5 grievances ??
Where was UPS's counter-offer and middle ground when they forced fathers not to see their kids on a Saturday ???
You act like this is a game of Candyland but everyone else is playing Risk !!!
Did you end up working 70 hours?

Maybe at the end of our next contract in 5 years.