Courier Base Rate Step Progression

Serf

New hires making almost 20 bucks per hour after the October pay action?

Where are you getting you information from?
Some of this confuses me. I think most folks in this forum are in the same market level. I know a our new couriers with less than 1 year are starting at 18.80, and new swings are slightly over 20. At least by me.

vantexan

Some of this confuses me. I think most folks in this forum are in the same market level. I know a our new couriers with less than 1 year are starting at 18.80, and new swings are slightly over 20. At least by me.
First step here for couriers is $16.60, the lowest payscale on the new plan.

Yomama11

2 years ago I transferred from market A to market B..I lost $1.27 an hour...now these markets are the same and I'm not seeing that $1.27 put back to my hourly wage..I'm thinking class action suit...who's down

SmithBarney

2 years ago I transferred from market A to market B..I lost $1.27 an hour...now these markets are the same and I'm not seeing that $1.27 put back to my hourly wage..I'm thinking class action suit...who's down
Ahh but they didn't say they were the same... I know a lady who is making the move from B-A right before the bump, she'll end up with about $3.50 raise.

OutOfTheKnow

I shouldn't have said 20 but it will be at least in the high 18s almost 19.

And the 1 example I have is a 2 year guy that just got a swing spot who is now making 18.25, and I'm sure that 3% will put him I between a step. He will probably be in the mid 19s after that

As he should, he's a swing. In what market though? Step 1 swing in my market will be making 17.50 and that's pretty reasonable if you ask me. I got screwed, 6 years with fedex, 4 years a courier and I'll be at step 1, non-swing unless I switch over to get the 17.50.

Yomama11

As he should, he's a swing. In what market though? Step 1 swing in my market will be making 17.50 and that's pretty reasonable if you ask me. I got screwed, 6 years with fedex, 4 years a courier and I'll be at step 1, non-swing unless I switch over to get the 17.50.
You really think a guy that's been with the company for 2 years should make more than you? You've got 6 years under your belt and he has 2...regardless if he's a swing or not he shouldn't be making more than you..it's chain of command...simple math the longer you are with a company the more you make...at the end of the day we all do the same damn job.keep accepting newbies that make more than you..fedex has no respect for its loyal employees.it's taken most drivers 15 years just to reach $20 hr now any newbie can come off the street work 5 years if they don't change the steps...which they will every year...we will probably stay in each step 2 or 3 years before we reach the next step...

dex 84

You really think a guy that's been with the company for 2 years should make more than you? You've got 6 years under your belt and he has 2...regardless if he's a swing or not he shouldn't be making more than you..it's chain of command...simple math the longer you are with a company the more you make...at the end of the day we all do the same damn job.keep accepting newbies that make more than you..fedex has no respect for its loyal employees.it's taken most drivers 15 years just to reach $20 hr now any newbie can come off the street work 5 years if they don't change the steps...which they will every year...we will probably stay in each step 2 or 3 years before we reach the next step...

Why is just staying employed here the only criteria to determine how much you should be making? A swing is doing a much more difficult and stressful job and besides that there are many employees who are minimally productive. Should someone who's been playing dumb (or is dumb) and just barely getting by for the last 10 years be paid more than someone who has busted their ass the last 5 years from day one and continues to do so every day?

vantexan

Why is just staying employed here the only criteria to determine how much you should be making? A swing is doing a much more difficult and stressful job and besides that there are many employees who are minimally productive. Should someone who's been playing dumb (or is dumb) and just barely getting by for the last 10 years be paid more than someone who has busted their ass the last 5 years from day one and continues to do so every day?
As a swing twice(really a human ping pong ball)I have to agree. To have it worse than a swing you have to work a brutal route every day. At least swings do get to run the easy rts too. But it is stressful.

MassWineGuy

I found out today that with the raise and the step progression payment(?), I'm going from 18.80 to 20.50. Nothing terribly great, but still pleasant.