Day off codes

Boss1108

In our district, 39 is the code for option 3 day. Scheduled off (Article 64 days) are code 26. Two of our drivers are filing grievances because they were told that they could have an unpaid, scheduled day off by a supervisor, then were coded as an option day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our district, 39 is the code for option 3 day. Scheduled off (Article 64 days) are code 26. Two of our drivers are filing grievances because they were told that they could have an unpaid, scheduled day off by a supervisor, then were coded as an option day.

I firmly believe that drivers should have to use all of their paid time before being allowed to take "dead days".

Bad Gas!

Code blue- you are sick 27.
Code brown- you :censored2: your under ware while farting in the morning and you need to go home before completing your route..

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Southern Supplement

ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID

When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.

By The Book

Southern Supplement

ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID

When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.
So a driver in their first year could get the day off before a 5 year driver in this scenario.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Classifications as opposed to company.

I am top driver but have less company seniority than two other drivers.
Guess I'm so used to doing things this way, didn't think about company seniority. Company seniority rarely comes into play around here for much of anything. I think there was a discussion concerning this somewhere recently. I personally like how we have it set up here, keeps the chaos low.

Still not sure how two drivers in his example, one with 5 years driving, the other within their first year would get it over the 5 year one.

Ghost in the Darkness

You can always say no.

What for, to satisfy you!? Its my decison to work on that day or not since they asked. They ask if I want to be paid or not, I take it as layoff. No big deal. My personal days are for my needs. I don't lobby for days off, I'm not opposed to helping a lower driver get work and helping a sup find a spot for someone. I'm pretty easy to get along with.

mewoyou

At our center during layoff season I've been using code 41 "sick/layoff" We need 80 hours a month to maintain benefits. Does anyone know if using code 41, which gives you an 8 hour day, contribute to the 80 hours?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
don't forget FMLA code 36, suspension code 28, and my favorite term code 16

The daily ops report is the only one I know of that would show those codes. It's the same one available to the masses.

Not saying there isn't another one, it is just the only one I've seen

ask your local IE, there is almost always a non-work pay code query report floating around on their sharepoint

I'm talking about when the corrections are done. That has to show up somewhere.

GTS audits are done quarterly, they actually take a fair amount of effort to put together

any management with the right GTS access can do an audit themselves for any particular day or employee, and that goes a lot faster