Livin the cardboard dream
Next to a p700 for scale.

Attachments

• 1439603118156.jpg
    1439603118156.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 247

sortaisle

You can kind of see the angle of the bulkhead compared to the seats...it's pretty rakish.

Attachments

• 1439603182930.jpg
    1439603182930.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 201

DOK

I just saw in our shop last Friday the new Dodge Sprinters. They're definitely taller than the old 47's. I assume they're a 600 of some type? They have the Pentastar V6's and they're front wheel drive. So when some of our more aggressive drivers ruin them, they'll have to be towed to the local Dodge dealers instead of to the shop since to do anything transmission or engine heavy, you have to drop them from the bottom of the car. And we don't have hydraulic lifts. Yet another well thought out plan from IE so far as trucks go. And the bulkhead is at a 30 degree angle. Truth be told, I liked the old 47's, but I'm an air driver. They sucked for route delivery. We had some of the tallest drivers stand in the new one and the ceiling cleared their heads, so that's better than the old ones. Either way...they're baaaaaaack!
Do they use these for regular routes or just air routes?

Tiny Panda

They're not Sprinters, they're Dodge Ram Promasters. They're based on the Fiat Ducato van here in Europe. Good luck!

At least you have decent engines, over here they have a 1.9l diesel, the build quality is poor and the plastic trim etc falls apart easily.

We've just taken on a load of new Mercedes Benz Sprinters and they're huge, I'll try and get a pic of the new ones alongside the older model.

sortaisle

They have Pentastar V6's. So far they have a small number of headgasket problems, but most of those are from one location and have been recalled already.

sortaisle

So far it's been pretty sought after with the extended shag routes. We have a few routes that deliver to "Deliverance" areas and only have 40 or 50 stops but 300 miles. Until we get plates for it though it's all mystery.

STFXG

I own one. So far, so good. Averaging around 18 mpg. Same cargo capacity as a sprinter. Since there's no drive shaft to the rear the body sits lower. The only problem is the rear doors don't open flush to the body like a sprinter. Can't back it up to a dock without an extended bumper.

sortaisle

If they don't open flush then that makes it an air van. Our parking docks are tight with maybe 3-5 inches between trucks. Same with our PDC's and MDU's. We don't really have a place to park it.