Dear UPS

The perfect Carrie was inbetwen.

One of my good friends in high school was like that. She was nothing but skin and bones in high school. Built like a 2x4. Then for about 3-4 years in college she filled out just right. Then she got fat.

They all eventually get fat, look like their mothers, and never satiate a man's need for a sandwich.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
No. They should have to run scratch for 30 days with their own plan at any given notice to keep their jobs. And no code 02 or any other cheating. FT driver in the seat watching.
a lot of them already tried the hourly route and couldn't make it so they went over to the other side.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No. They should have to run scratch for 30 days with their own plan at any given notice to keep their jobs. And no code 02 or any other cheating. FT driver in the seat watching.
the most sympathetic IE people i know have never been on road

the total hardasses who don't care, almost every one i know was a driver for 2-3 years first

requiring driving doesn't produce what you're imagining it would

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
the most sympathetic IE people i know have never been on road

the total hardasses who don't care, almost every one i know was a driver for 2-3 years first

requiring driving doesn't produce what you're imagining it would
I dont need sympathy from IE. That's why we have the 9.5 list and 8 hr request. Just some accountability on your part when IE plans cause service failures. UPS is the only place I've ever worked where the hourlies care more about service than mgmt. Some of you guys only worry about the perception of service on a report.
Don't get me wrong....I know there are some bad hourlies here, but in the last 15 yrs we've had more than our fair share of duds in mgmt.

twoweeled

if they did that, the allowances would have to be fair. 2 questions:
1. Do you think UPS has any interest in being fair and honest?
2. How long have you been employed at UPS?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
if they did that, the allowances would have to be fair. 2 questions:
1. Do you think UPS has any interest in being fair and honest?
2. How long have you been employed at UPS?
1. I'm not accusing UPS of being honest or fair. Just saying it would be fun to watch them play on an even field for a change.
2. 29 yrs next month.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What a crock of :censored2:. Get back to your game of solitaire
hahaha are you serious? the only times i've seen discipline in management is when they edit timecards or do some wild :censored2:

:censored2: i could give you some examples going on just today that will :censored2: my district over, but nothing will ever come back about it

twoweeled

1. I'm not accusing UPS of being honest or fair. Just saying it would be fun to watch them play on an even field for a change.
2. 29 yrs next month.
2. 29 yrs next month.
Yeah, well UPS has no interest in the fair thing. I experienced two sup's doing my route for the entire day once. They didn't beat it, but one did better than I did. Of course I literally documented the whole day, as to where they cut corners. Point being, they should be able to scratch over the period of a couple of days average, using all the correct methods. I'm not sure sups have the ability to do a route following "ALL" methods correctly.
doesn't look like it.

542thruNthru

What a crock of :censored2:. Get back to your game of solitaire

It pains me to agree with him at all but at least in my building he's pretty much spot on. I mean hell our management team can't even do a daily PCM like you guys. Heck we get one maybe once every two weeks if that. But god forbid I don't wear my ups socks 1 time.

Of course the PCM is just one example but it's something so small that's it's easy to do especially when my on roads are all standing around at the bay doors talking.

twoweeled

hahaha are you serious? the only times i've seen discipline in management is when they edit timecards or do some wild :censored2:

:censored2: i could give you some examples going on just today that will :censored2: my district over, but nothing will ever come back about it
Yeah, I've experienced somewhat similar. I've noticed, when upper management wants to hang someone, they'll do it when they get the chance. When upper management doesn't want that guy, (or he has a guardian angel) seems like he can do nothing bad enough to get fired. But I'm sure they get hammered in conference calls, or the meeting in the office.

twoweeled

Kind of like how men get fat and bald like their dads and can't satiate their women in bed? :)
I think your really exaggerating. I don't think I've changed much in 30 years.
Be honest, have I?
KSMohammed.jpg

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yeah, I've experienced somewhat similar. I've noticed, when upper management wants to hang someone, they'll do it when they get the chance. When upper management doesn't want that guy, (or he has a guardian angel) seems like he can do nothing bad enough to get fired. But I'm sure they get hammered in conference calls, or the meeting in the office.
surviving conference calls has little to do with results and a lot more with charm, sounding macho, and finding a good patsy to blame (usually the hourlies, or IE lmao)