Decertify the union

Brownpants80

Possible? I'd assume other unions would jump @ the thought of representing ups. Not sure what the legalitys would be to do so, how to wait to get a new union, etc. Worth the information and worth the scare if they dont want to fight for us like there supposed to do. Were already being fed bull:censored2:, why pay to eat it.

Any thoughts?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Possible? I'd assume other unions would jump @ the thought of representing ups. Not sure what the legalitys would be to do so, how to wait to get a new union, etc. Worth the information and worth the scare if they dont want to fight for us like there supposed to do. Were already being fed bull:censored2:, why pay to eat it.

Any thoughts?
A :censored2:ty union is still way better than no union.

Box Ox

Any thoughts?

Everybody is justifiably angry at the Union right now. Still not a good idea to lop off our own roosters over it. Which is basically what decertification would result in.

Think the answer right now is to fight as fervently as possible with our votes, kick the bums in Teamster leadership out next election, and put in folks who acknowledge that the 2018 Contract was a sellout job and promise to demand that they'll do everything they can to try and claw back 2018 losses.

542thruNthru

Any thoughts?

Great another one. Listen pal, if people actually voted in the first place we more then likely wouldn't even have these issues.

So I doubt they will vote to decertify. I bet you don't even know how many people voted on the last contract. Do me a favor and get more involved before you start trying to vote out my union.

source-1.gif

Brownpants80

I feel like it might be good bargaining power. A good show of stance of the people there supposed to represent. Just like there strike authorization.

Brownpants80

Good bargaining power for who?

For us. The union and ups feel like they can do whatever they want. Dont you think if the union thought there was a chance we decertify them they just might bargin alot harder for what we want. Just like they used the strike authorization as a scare tactic for ups. Well if they cant push a decent contract maybe we need some extra fire under there ass to attempt to salvage this insane contract proposal.

Brownpants80

I'm not anti union. I want my union, but I also want my union to do what's best for everyone. I just cant wrap my head around this proposal. It's almost like they didnt even try.

542thruNthru

For us. The union and ups feel like they can do whatever they want. Dont you think if the union thought there was a chance we decertify them they just might bargin alot harder for what we want. Just like they used the strike authorization as a scare tactic for ups. Well if they cant push a decent contract maybe we need some extra fire under there ass to attempt to salvage this insane contract proposal.

You think the company wouldn't do everything they could to see us decertify. Come on man use your head for more then a hat rack.