Deferred Delivery Coming

DOK

It's being introduced with no fanfare in our building and the old timers with cushy country routes are NOT happy.

They're getting 2, maybe 3 days of work on their bid routes a week and then being forced to be cover drivers. Best part is that management isn't honoring seniority (as usual) so the veterans have to fight with the low-seniority cover drivers and remaining 22.4s to bump them off routes.

Lots of grievances and yelling in the morning mixed in with ":censored2: this place" and "I VOTED NO!"
Are they deferring zip codes or whole routes? Most, if not all routes in our building are made up of multiple zip codes. Now if they defer one zip code that might affect 2 drivers, they’d both have half days work, do they then combine those routes?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
e they deferring zip codes or whole routes? Most, if not all routes in our building are made up of multiple zip codes. Now if they defer one zip code that might affect 2 drivers, they’d both have half days work, do they then combine those routes?

Its primarily zip codes. Yes, in some instances they combine those routes and one of the drivers is left SOL. However, we have some rural routes that are SO rural that they encompass multiple zip codes forcing entire routes to be cut.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Its primarily zip codes. Yes, in some instances they combine those routes and one of the drivers is left SOL. However, we have some rural routes that are SO rural that they encompass multiple zip codes forcing entire routes to be cut.
What about the air?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
UPS has had surcharges for rural delivery, for as long as I can remember. Not being able to make money or raise the surcharges, kind of means they are at the limit of what the market can bear.
In 2022, we delivered an average of 24.3 million packages per day, totaling 6.2 billion packages during the year. Total revenue in 2022 was $100.3 billion
UPS annual gross profit for 2022 was $74.152B.
which equals 11.96 average profit for a package

DOK

It’s primarily zip codes. Yes, in some instances they combine those routes and one of the drivers is left SOL. However, we have some rural routes that are SO rural that they encompass multiple zip codes forcing entire routes to be cut.
A lot of centers have some rural routes, is this deferred delivery coming to every center or just centers with super rural routes like out in the Midwest etc. The 30 stop 300 miles routes?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
That is a great question. All of the rural areas in deferred delivery in my center do not have commit times but I don't know what they're doing with all the Amazon NDA savers.
When we had "remote delivery" back in the day. We still had to deliver the air in those areas which defeated the whole purpose.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I had a country route that had 11- 15 different zip codes depending on what they put on it. it encompassed parts of 3 different counties all with different numbering systems
Cover drivers and supes both scared to death of it. Whenever I was off
They’d pull it way down dude still works until 9:00 but is 4 hours over allowed

govols019

You smell that?
I had a country route that had 11- 15 different zip codes depending on what they put on it. it encompassed parts of 3 different counties all with different numbering systems

If they had to run a route where the addresses were rural route 4 box 27 they would quit.

I still remember exactly where the house in the example above is located.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
1692500544007.gif