Deferred Delivery Coming

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
If they had to run a route where the addresses were rural route 4 box 27 they would quit.

I still remember exactly where the house in the example above is located.
There’s still routes like that and the Rural Deferred Initiative or whatever the heck is going to waste a lot of time and money. I plan on securing some of that time and money 😉

Michael Scott

Theres a trailer at my center usually half full of packages that are “deferred” or whatever. Theres perishable food/medicine you name it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Have a job you enjoy and you will never have to work a day in your life. Maybe I will retire next year. First I have to milk that $4.25/hr raise.
Being retired is much better than working a job you enjoy.
Hiking the Rockies this week and then heading to Kauai in a week.
I'll think about you driving all those gravel roads.:rolleyes:

OldMember

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. Service is what we are and what we have. They did “rural remote” in the 90’s and it was a complete flop.
No way this lasts, and whoever came up with it doesn’t know what they’re doing.
Rural drivers are a part of that community. We go to graduations, funerals, weddings, you name it.
👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

FromOffTheStreets

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. Service is what we are and what we have. They did “rural remote” in the 90’s and it was a complete flop.
Rural drivers are a part of that community. We go to graduations, funerals, weddings, you name it.
👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
I agree that it sucks, my route gets cut 2 or 3 days a week now. Absolutely hate it.

However it does make sense. "Back in the day" if you shipped something it was important. Nowadays Mary Lou can wait a day on her chapstick or t shirt in the Amazon bubble mailer.

Problem is, they're boning routes like they used to & cutting everything possible. No more tsp 8.5's. We'll see if it lasts

Thebrownblob

👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
I agree with you, but they are hell-bent on trying. Again

OldMember

I agree that it sucks, my route gets cut 2 or 3 days a week now. Absolutely hate it.

However it does make sense. "Back in the day" if you shipped something it was important. Nowadays Mary Lou can wait a day on her chapstick or t shirt in the Amazon bubble mailer.

Problem is, they're boning routes like they used to & cutting everything possible. No more tsp 8.5's. We'll see if it lasts
TSP 😂 that was smoke and mirrors BS to make noobs think that management actually gives a rats ass…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree with you, but they are hell-bent on trying. Again
It’s total bs if they are holding back medical/medicine supplies…I’m seriously surprised that feds wouldnt get involved with that. When the post office wanted to stop/slow Saturday delivery a few ago people were bringing up two points to bitch about to their govt reps…social security checks and medicine that were going to take an additional day to arrive.