Dehydrated?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The "drink lots of water before you work" is all propaganda from corporations trying to sell bottled water and sports drinks, with crony doctors backing up the claims.

By the way, the symptoms of over-hydration mimick those of dehydration. Including possible death. But you'll never hear any supervisor or manager speak of over-hydration.

IF anyone actually believes the propaganda that UPS supervisors spit out at PCMS about constantly drinking water and staying hydrated, drinking well before your shift and etc... I've got some land in FL...;D

I drink when I'm thirsty, according to doctors recommendations.

oldupsman

Hey, it's just as important to eat too. Breakfast in the morning, no coffee, and lunch in the afternoon.
If you're feeling light headed it could be very well from not eating, doesn't matter how much you drink.
EAT LUNCH!

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I weighed myself last week and was nearly 9lbs lighter than I've been recently. I assume it's mostly water loss from all this heat but it still seemed significant going from 160 to 151, almost a 6% drop, so I don't really know for sure.

I drank 160 ounces (a little over a gallon) yesterday and only peed once. I swear so bad I looked like I just jumped out of the pool. My shorts stuck to my leg while bending at the knees and my ass end ripped out!!! Had to make a short trip back to the center yesterday!!!

UPSGUY72

So I weighed myself yesterday after work and again today after work. I lost 8.1 lbs since yesterday. I drank 2 bottled waters today, a 64 oz Gatorade G2 and two 12 oz cans of diet mt dew (yeah I know the sodium in soda is working against me, but that's my caffeine source).
When I saw the 8lb drop in one day I have been chugging water and have had four 20 oz glasses of sugar free kool aid since I got home.
We had a couple guys have dehydration issues in the last couple days here and one guy who apparently hydrated too much some how...
I felt a little light headed today, but just figured it was the super hot weather. Guess I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.

Stay away from drinks that contain sugar sugar or caffeine. Also make sure you are eating even though you might not feel like it. You need to be eating not just drinking.

I weight 149 lbs my BMI is 22. I don't drink anything with sugar or caffeine I eat fruit throughout the day and I'll have a sandwich also. I have lost 7 lbs since March. 2 weeks ago my Dr said jokingly maybe you should go back to eating like your were before. Then he said know your fine....

Wizzy

20 oz coffee on the way to work a water before start, water all day as needed. Crack open that first of several beers in the driveway! Those herbs an d hops are good for you!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The "drink lots of water before you work" is all propaganda from corporations trying to sell bottled water and sports drinks, with crony doctors backing up the claims.

By the way, the symptoms of over-hydration mimick those of dehydration. Including possible death. But you'll never hear any supervisor or manager speak of over-hydration.

IF anyone actually believes the propaganda that UPS supervisors spit out at PCMS about constantly drinking water and staying hydrated, drinking well before your shift and etc... I've got some land in FL...;D

I drink when I'm thirsty, according to doctors recommendations.
You are crazy. When it's 95 and humid most bodies need to be well hydrated going into the day

oldngray

nowhere special
You are crazy. When it's 95 and humid most bodies need to be well hydrated going into the day

Agreed. You have to hydrate before starting work. If you wait until you feel thirsty its too late in hot weather. Some days you can't drink fast enough to catch up with how much you lose by sweating.

dirtdog

I have had good luck taking electrolyte tablets with lots of water. You get the good stuff that is in a Gatorade, without all the sugar, and other garbage they put in those things. Just a suggestion. 108 degrees on my route yesterday.