Dehydrated?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Agreed. You have to hydrate before starting work. If you wait until you feel thirsty its too late in hot weather. Some days you can't drink fast enough to catch up with how much you lose by sweating.

That's why I always take my full hour this time of year and drink lots during lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I drink energy drinks and Jolt Cola all day to stay hydrated. And eat at a Chinese buffet for lunch.
I've read plenty of articles that say your body isn't real picky about the fluids being put in it.

Example. While caffeine may dehydrate you slightly more than normal by no means does it negate the 44 ounce soda you drank.

They say high level athletes are about the only exception to this. The argument could be made we fall in this category when heat indexes hit 110+

Dr.Brownz

So I weighed myself yesterday after work and again today after work. I lost 8.1 lbs since yesterday. I drank 2 bottled waters today, a 64 oz Gatorade G2 and two 12 oz cans of diet mt dew (yeah I know the sodium in soda is working against me, but that's my caffeine source).
When I saw the 8lb drop in one day I have been chugging water and have had four 20 oz glasses of sugar free kool aid since I got home.
We had a couple guys have dehydration issues in the last couple days here and one guy who apparently hydrated too much some how...
I felt a little light headed today, but just figured it was the super hot weather. Guess I'll try to drink more water tomorrow.

The guy who over hydrated was probably not getting any salts with the water, so his % salt was way down. Likely a runner gunner who is skipping lunch and chugging water while they driver.

When I first started I was just drinking water and gatorade while on road. I found I would still get headaches sometimes. I started bringing granola bars and other snacks to eat during the day and now I feel good all day. Breakfast and lunch are crucial when its hot out.

Faceplanted

Half the stuff we hear about hydration is pure propaganda on ups part

Urine is not a sure fire way to tell your hydration. Certian vitamins such as vitamin b will make your urine bring yellow shortly after ingesting. Don't believe me drink water all day and than consume and energy drink. You can be hydrated perfectly and still piss very yellow

Also after traveling to different countries which have way hotter weather than us, I have noticed they drink way less water than what I have been told is acceptable. To top that off they consume massive quantities of alcohol after work. They don't pass out and die like according to ups they should. It has a lot to do with overall health and eating habits IMHO than just how much water you drink daily. Be smart, drink a bottle of water before work, drink water through out the day and throw a gatoraid or two in there. Cafine will not make u die, energy drinks will not make u die, and sugar won't either.

STFXG

You guys sweat at work? My ac blows too cold to allow that kind of nonsense. Have to turn it down some times. Gets a bit chilly.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Half the stuff we hear about hydration is pure propaganda on ups part

Urine is not a sure fire way to tell your hydration. Certian vitamins such as vitamin b will make your urine bring yellow shortly after ingesting. Don't believe me drink water all day and than consume and energy drink. You can be hydrated perfectly and still piss very yellow

Also after traveling to different countries which have way hotter weather than us, I have noticed they drink way less water than what I have been told is acceptable. To top that off they consume massive quantities of alcohol after work. They don't pass out and die like according to ups they should. It has a lot to do with overall health and eating habits IMHO than just how much water you drink daily. Be smart, drink a bottle of water before work, drink water through out the day and throw a gatoraid or two in there. Cafine will not make u die, energy drinks will not make u die, and sugar won't either.

I have to correct you on this one. Too much caffeine can cause your heart to race inducing a heart attack, and yes, kill you.

Last edited:

trickpony1

It seems some people have a fetish for Gatorade.

I posted in another forum about High Fructose Corn Syrup and suggested that it is a cheap sweetener that is hard for the body to digest.

Read the ingredients of Gatorade......
if it ends in "ose", it is sugar or a derivative of sugar.

It seems the Marketing Department at Gatorade has you right where they want you.

I posted this in another forum but what could I possibly know.......

Faceplanted

I posted in another forum about High Fructose Corn Syrup and suggested that it is a cheap sweetener that is hard for the body to digest.

It seems the Marketing Department at Gatorade has you right where they want you.

You are dead right. In these other countries I was speaking of all of their soda, juices ect all use real Cain sugar. High fructose corn syrup in my opinion is responsible for tons of health issues in this country

oldngray

nowhere special

Yeah. Gatorade is mostly sugar water with excellent marketing. Its OK but nothing special. There are better and cheaper alternatives.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I never drank that stuff. Read the label and realize how many grams of sugar are in each bottle, you pound that stuff all day every day and you'll wind up a diabetic.

oldngray

nowhere special
You are dead right. In these other countries I was speaking of all of their soda, juices ect all use real Cain sugar. High fructose corn syrup in my opinion is responsible for tons of health issues in this country

Cane, not Cain. It is just as bad as high fructose corn syrup. Your body can't really tell much difference between the sugars other than some are absorbed faster.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've read plenty of articles that say your body isn't real picky about the fluids being put in it.

Example. While caffeine may dehydrate you slightly more than normal by no means does it negate the 44 ounce soda you drank.

They say high level athletes are about the only exception to this. The argument could be made we fall in this category when heat indexes hit 110+
I do drink a couple of energy drinks, sodas, and chocolate milk but mixed into a steady flow of flavored water and Gatorade. Hell they all have water in them. LOL.