Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It has nothing to do with the IBT "not liking the results".

Read the IBT constitution.
You can say that, but in light of the arbitrary nature of the verbage "When in the judgement of the Negotiating Committee the involved employer has made a last and final offer", it's not hard to arrive at conclusions of collusion and malfeasance.

I'm am however curious as to how and why this language was inserted into our Constitution?

Btw, with a strike looming on the horizon, I will not be able to send you any money via PayPal for any information shared on the subject.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:
You can say that, but in light of the arbitrary nature of the verbage "When in the judgement of the Negotiating Committee the involved employer has made a last and final offer", it's not hard to arrive at conclusions of collusion and malfeasance.

I'm am however curious as to how and why this language was inserted into our Constitution?

Btw, with a strike looking on the horizon, I will not be able to send you any money via PayPal for any information shared on the subject.

~Bbbl~™
The union has to give 72 hours notice? Correct?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"Section 2(a) The General President shall have authority to interpret the Constitution and laws of the International Union."

https://teamster.filecamp.com/0/teamster/binary/25np-re7bjk5k.pdf

Ask your "hero" Fred Z.

It states the same verbiage.... in Local 89's bylaws.

Fred Z has "interpreted" numerous things.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And I think we get it. 35% voted last contract. Ya'll dont think we can get 15% more to vote with all the talk and concern with this contract? A lot more people engaged with this one IMO.
That would mean like 130,000ish votes. I don’t think it’s happening

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's not a "dodge".

Why do people have a problem.... with contractual reality ?

If the members have spoken (through overwhelming voter participation)

Their voice will be heard.
It's for sure a "dodge"....and a Constitutional reality.

....but still begs the question as to when, how, and why was it adopted.

....and needs to be amended.

But if you don't know, just say so???

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's not a "dodge".

Why do people have a problem.... with contractual reality ?
It is a dodge.

He said what's the point of voting if the union just decides for us. Valid question, it seems to undermine the entire Democratic process.

Then you said, because they can it's in the Constitution.

That's a dodge.
"Read the Constitution" does not address his issue. All it does is point to the rule that allows them to do whatever the hell they want.

And of course you also dodged by bitching and moaning about Fred whoever.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It is a dodge.

He said what's the point of voting if the union just decides for us. Valid question, it seems to undermine the entire Democratic process.

Then you said, because they can it's in the Constitution.

That's a dodge.
"Read the Constitution" does not address his issue. All it does is point to the rule that allows them to do whatever the hell they want.

And of course you also dodged by bitching and moaning about Fred whoever.
Key word. Allows.

Doesn't force them to do anything. It's just an easy cop out.

Superteeth2478

Ha ha your so stupid! I made a thread on it. Just keep telling yourself more lies. You guys are good at it.
Maybe you did, but I try to avoid your threads because they're full of :censored2:. That said, you also did insist Hoffa would not impose the contract. I can quote that as well but can't be bothered right now unless you lie and challenge me to prove it. So that means "Quit changing the tune" especially applies if you actually did create a thread claiming he would impose it. Which I would like a link to, by the way, if you actually did that.