Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Say 40% turnout.
Assume 60% vote no.

That means 16% of the workers voted yes.

It may be in the rules to impose a contract that 16% voted yes on, but you will have many disgruntled Teamsters.

You're looking at it all wrong.

Here's how the IBT sees it.

You elected us to represent you and bargain on your behalf.

We negotiated a contract on your behalf and you're going to accept it whether you like it or not.

Question, what makes you think this is true?
Fred posted this on his site, then TDU posted it, then 3mi later Fred released a letter to Hoffa, seem politically calculated to us. We are Hourly Workers Unite Fred is our sorry leader and every move he makes is political. I will be very upset if it is true but dont let him take credit for stopping it if it's not true. BTW we are not Hoffa supporters either!

LagunaBrown

Yeah, shut up LagunaBrown turd. You insisted your master Hoffa wouldn't impose the contract, and that there would be a strike instead. Quit changing the tune. You know your master is too much of a coward to call a strike, with as much as a bunch of liars the top union brass has become.
Ha ha your so stupid! I made a thread on it. Just keep telling yourself more lies. You guys are good at it.

35years

Gravy route
1. Ups is a publicly traded company whose business model can only take so much.

2. Trump will welcome unyoking of misdirection right about now.

3.It's not the first offer. Ibt was negotiated over 9 months. It will end up being the last best offer. You can mark my words.

4.The contract won't be imposed.

TonyQ where are you?
I am marking your words.

35years

Gravy route
You talking to me?

If so, be a man and quote me.

I am not politically affiliated.

Can't stand management. Don't care for TDU or the old guard. TDU had shills as well.

Just an old tired driver.

OK, good, now I pissed everyone off!

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Question, what makes you think this is true?
Fred posted this on his site, then TDU posted it, then 3mi later Fred released a letter to Hoffa, seem politically calculated to us. We are Hourly Workers Unite Fred is our sorry leader and every move he makes is political. I will be very upset if it is true but dont let him take credit for stopping it if it's not true. BTW we are not Hoffa supporters either!

San Diego driver here. BA was there. It was said.

35years

Gravy route
its really all in the numbers. we need a massive voter turnout of the 250000 employees. last contract if i remember right like 65000 out of i think 210000 voted and that's obviously less than half which then changes the vote count rules to 66% of no votes needed as opposed to 50%. i think once you get into those lower numbers its gonna be difficult to get a overwhelming no vote to affect any real change. in fact as we have seen in the past with supplements, if its close enough it may get rammed through and justified because of lack of voter turnout. they spun the 93% strike vote garbage so I'm sure they can spin low voter percentage

OK Laguna this is just one of many posts that shows your Sept 27th thread was not some revelation you came up with. It had been discussed many times prior to your post (months prior to your thread), and even prior to you joining Brown Cafe.

Now please stop pretending you thought of it first.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Another question...how many ballots were sent to ineligible members knowing they wouldn't vote in order to increase the number of non voters? Like I mentioned in another thread, I retired in April, withdrew from the union officially, yet still received a ballot. I did not vote knowing that I should be ineligible. Are they still going to count my ballot as a non vote towards that 50% number?

Meanwhile, eligible voters are complaining they never received ballots...smh

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
OK Laguna this is just one of many posts that shows your Sept 27th thread was not some revelation you came up with. It had been discussed many times prior to your post (months prior to your thread), and even prior to you joining Brown Cafe.

Now please stop pretending you thought of it first.

Nobody cares.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You talking to me?

If so, be a man and quote me.

I am not politically affiliated.

Can't stand management. Don't care for TDU or the old guard. TDU had shills as well.

Just an old tired driver.

OK, good, now I :censored2: everyone off!
“Can’t stand management”.....LMAO, I’m right there with you.....

ColdHarvest

Another question...how many ballots were sent to ineligible members knowing they wouldn't vote in order to increase the number of non voters? Like I mentioned in another thread, I retired in April, withdrew from the union officially, yet still received a ballot. I did not vote knowing that I should be ineligible. Are they still going to count my ballot as a non vote towards that 50% number?

Meanwhile, eligible voters are complaining they never received ballots...smh

Key word here; "retired".

Keep your yap shut. Enjoy your benefits, and try not to cry so much when I knock and walk after delivering your 100lb box of Depends diapers after dinner at 1500 hrs.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Key word here; "retired".

Keep your yap shut. Enjoy your benefits, and try not to cry so much when I knock and walk after delivering your 100lb box of Depends diapers after dinner at 1500 hrs.
Key word...friend off. Perhaps you think retiring ends my relationship with the union and UPS. What happens to my retirement benefits depends on idiots like you! I no longer can vote, yet my benefits depend on that vote. You'll be in my spot some day, and I can only hope some young POS treats you the way you're treating me. Oh, and you enjoy your benefits that I walked for in '97. I simply asked a question and you go on the attack. What a :censored2:!

Last edited:

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
You're looking at it all wrong.

Here's how the IBT sees it.

You elected us to represent you and bargain on your behalf.

We negotiated a contract on your behalf and you're going to accept it whether you like it or not.

So why all the propaganda, harassment calls, etc, if I may not like it?