Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

LagunaBrown

OK Laguna this is just one of many posts that shows your Sept 27th thread was not some revelation you came up with. It had been discussed many times prior to your post (months prior to your thread), and even prior to you joining Brown Cafe.

Now please stop pretending you thought of it first.

Oh yeah I forgot you guys know everything.
64BBE65D-68B2-49BE-B2FA-7EDE9D598C20.gif

Box Ox

From Stephen Piercey
Teamsters Local 89 Communications Director

So, today it came out that Hoffa and company are saying they will implement the UPS contracts even if they are rejected (unless it's over 50% of eligible voters voting, or unless 2/3rds majority vote no, both of which are very high bars to reach).

Those who were at Worldport in 2013 should be feeling some intense flashbacks, as that's what he did to us (and two other locations up north) back then.

But as atrocious as it was for Hoffa to impose the 2013 contract on three locations, it pales in comparison to him doing so for the entire UPS contract.

For those who don't know, we have approximately 260-280,000 UPS members nationwide. The UPS National Master Agreement is the largest private sector union contract in the entire United States of America, and is by far the most well recognized and well publicized union contract, period. The number of Forbes, WSJ, CBS, NBC, etc articles and reports about the NMA negotiations is proof that it is of massive importance.

The very notion that Hoffa and his administration is even considering doing this is a betrayal of everything Organized Labor stands for. Even if pressure gets to them and they decide against it, the mere fact that they uttered the words is a disgrace to the Teamsters Union.

If they do this, it will cause near irreparable damage to not just the Teamsters, but the entire American Labor Movement.

At a time when we are facing unprecedented attacks against Labor from state and federal legislatures, the NLRB, the SCOTUS and POTUS, now we must contend with a massive attack from our own General President. The person who is sworn to represent and fight for all Teamsters.

It is a joke. It is a disgrace. It is tantamount to treason against the working class.

If this happens, it will be a giant gift-wrapped package to the National Right-to-Work foundation, Union Busters everywhere, and the billionaire class.

Hoffa is not just destroying the Teamsters if he does this. He will be unleashing a nuclear bomb on the entire American Labor Movement.

Tony Q

TonyQ where are you?
I am marking your words.
Sitting back and watching. This contract won’t be imposed if there is under a 50% turnout. You can’t take that to the bank. As far as where I’m at. Replying to 50 alerts a day became to time consuming. Don’t worry I will jump on here with I told you so comment when they happen.

clipperman

San Diego driver here. BA was there. It was said.
So what specifically did he say then? Did he say this contract may be imposed due to lack of participation or any subsequent offer called last and final may be imposed?
The timing of this seems very suspect but given past history could very well be true,the devil is always in the details though

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You talking to me?

If so, be a man and quote me.

I am not politically affiliated.

Can't stand management. Don't care for TDU or the old guard. TDU had shills as well.

Just an old tired driver.

OK, good, now I :censored2: everyone off!
Naw, was pointing to myself, I’m shilling with the homies.

badpal

So what specifically did he say then? Did he say this contract may be imposed due to lack of participation or any subsequent offer called last and final may be imposed?
The timing of this seems very suspect but given past history could very well be true,the devil is always in the details though
He was basically applying lube for the vote annoucement tonight.

Returntosender

So what’s the use of voting if national leadership just overrides the membership votes cause they don’t like the results?

What do union bylaws state in situations where leadership goes against the membership vote?

Who ever is running for national president this infraction by current leadership can be used to sway UPS votes away from Hoffa endorsed candidates in general election?