Desalination Plants. Isn't this infrastructure?

Off the leash

18EBE9D3-6523-4AEE-A866-41226FEE4E58.jpeg

bacha29

Who pays for it? The dollar will be worth nothing. We’ll have to use Chinese money
It didn't stop Congress and the Eisenhower administration but going full throttle on the construction of the interstate highway system or the national electric grid or the US waterways system. Trouble is they've reached and in many cases exceeded their projected life span and now need major and costly overhaul and repairs.

Off the leash

It didn't stop Congress and the Eisenhower administration but going full throttle on the construction of the interstate highway system or the national electric grid or the US waterways system. Trouble is they've reached and in many cases exceeded their projected life span and now need major and costly overhaul and repairs.
That was genuine infrastructure. But there was an ulterior motive too, in the event of another war we could move goods and supplies rapidly across the country. This bill only has about 5% in actual infrastructure. I’d be for it if it wasn’t such a sham.

bacha29

Since when is child care infrastructure?
The objective is to increase workforce participation but the major impediment to doing so is the lack of childcare which will allow many talented women to return to the workforce. And one of the reasons for the current labor shortage is that the US birthrate has been falling since 2007 and is now the lowest since 1930 and lack of quality and consistently available childcare is one of the reasons given for the declining birthrate .

Off the leash

The objective is to increase workforce participation but the major impediment to doing so is the lack of childcare which will allow many talented women to return to the workforce. And one of the reasons for the current labor shortage is that the US birthrate has been falling since 2007 and is now the lowest since 1930 and lack of quality and consistently available childcare is one of the reasons given for the declining birthrate .
Limits, can’t do it all at once. The Dems plan will only, maybe, pay for about 40% of it. The economy will become stagnant. I lived through it in the 70s as a teen. It took over 15 years to get out. When I bought my first house in 84 the interest rate was 13%!

vantexan

You putting 14 yr olds to work?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Limits, can’t do it all at once. The Dems plan will only, maybe, pay for about 40% of it. The economy will become stagnant. I lived through it in the 70s as a teen. It took over 15 years to get out. When I bought my first house in 84 the interest rate was 13%!
It will be like this but on a national level

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You can either spend a little bit of money on it all the time which we haven't been doing or spend a whole lot on it in the future and when it comes to the future.... the future is now.
That is totally up to the people in California. Their water problems.

bacha29

Infrastructure plan will be a 10 year initiative regardless of the final dollar amount to be spent. In addition, interest rates will never gain be this low making it a now or never proposition .

bacha29

That is totally up to the people in California. Their water problems.
It's the 8th largest economy in the world and for decades sent billions more in tax dollars to Washington than what it received in return. It's problem can at least impart be attributed to unrestrained growth and now has outstripped it resources. In addition most of the water that flows into Southern California comes from the COLORADO river.

Off the leash

Infrastructure plan will be a 10 year initiative regardless of the final dollar amount to be spent. In addition, interest rates will never gain be this low making it a now or never proposition .
They won’t stay long forever, then watch inflation. The government won’t be able to pay the interest on the debt if rate is raised, but if they raise it stagflation occurs. Vicious cycle

Off the leash

It's the 8th largest economy in the world and for decades sent billions more in tax dollars to Washington than what it received in return. It's problem can at least impart be attributed to unrestrained growth and now has outstripped it resources. In addition most of the water that flows into Southern California comes from the COLORADO river.
Along with Nevada and AZ, can’t have endless growth

bacha29

They won’t stay long forever, then watch inflation. The government won’t be able to pay the interest on the debt if rate is raised, but if they raise it stagflation occurs. Vicious cycle
And you'll no doubt be among the people hollering your heads off when your power goes off almost everyday. Your roads so badly crumbled that you can't safely drive on them. Internet service will depend on where you live and what time of the day you can log on. Bridges too unstable to cross. An ATC network so outdated that you fly only out of desperation.
The days of cheap public services are long gone but it has now come to the question.... if not now when?

Off the leash

And you'll no doubt be among the people hollering your heads off when your power goes off almost everyday. Your roads so badly crumbled that you can't safely drive on them. Internet service will depend on where you live and what time of the day you can log on. Bridges too unstable to cross. An ATC network so outdated that you fly only out of desperation.
The days of cheap public services are long gone but it has now come to the question.... if not now when?
Pretty good here in AZ.