Desalination Plants. Isn't this infrastructure?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There are plans to build nearly a dozen more along the West Coast If approved there's going to be a awful lot of salt brine dumped back into the ocean along the West Coast. The environmental impact over time is anyone's guess. And as you said that desal water is going to be damn expensive.

It would also help if they stopped removing dams and reservoirs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
California will ban grass soon front yards will be colorful rocks back yards turf. Its a commie start.
The free market will take care of that. I would worry more about the commie tree huggers that will try to kill any proposals. They will say the environmental impact and energy use is too great. You will need some coal or natural gas generation to beef up the power grid.

bacha29

The free market will take care of that. I would worry more about the commie tree huggers that will try to kill any proposals. They will say the environmental impact and energy use is too great. You will need some coal or natural gas generation to beef up the power grid.
Well guess who was the driver behind the creation of the EPA?.... Nixon. He was from Santa Barbara and when the Union Oil spill polluted the beaches practically right in front of his house that got old Tricky Dick moving on some of the first major environmental protections legislation with the help of none other than Ronald Reagan.
When rich people's property is endangered by an environmental disaster the passage of environmental protection legislation gets moving at a much faster pace.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well guess who was the driver behind the creation of the EPA?.... Nixon. He was from Santa Barbara and when the Union Oil spill polluted the beaches practically right in front of his house that got old Tricky Dick moving on some of the first major environmental protections legislation with the help of none other than Ronald Reagan.
When rich people's property is endangered by an environmental disaster the passage of environmental protection legislation gets moving at a much faster pace.
Yes because Republicans believe in property rights. What's your point?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Does that include the right to run your pollutants over onto your neighbors property ruining his air, land and water in the process while in your pursuit of personal wealth?
No, it means the exact opposite, which was my very simple point which you struggled to grasp.

Assuming you're not one of those nuts who thinks CO2 and water vapor are pollutants.

Off the leash

Thanks to environmental laws you don't see it as much as you used to thanks to environmental legislation that began in earnest in the late 60's . That battle however still exists today such as you see with Mariner East.
Yeah let’s transport by rail and truck, much safer!