Desalination Plants. Isn't this infrastructure?

bacha29

Yeah let’s transport by rail and truck, much safer!
It's not a question of building pipelines but rather a question of where they put them and how much maintenance is done to them. When you hear there's a rupture or a fire the follow up often blames one or the other as a leading cause.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Played in Santa Fe NM they use partially treated effluent to water the course with its as green as can be
Some water companies in Florida sell two waters as well. You actually have two water meters. The irrigation brown water is low cost, safe, and help keep plant costs down.

Off the leash

It's not a question of building pipelines but rather a question of where they put them and how much maintenance is done to them. When you hear there's a rupture or a fire the follow up often blames one or the other as a leading cause.
I agree they must be maintained but you hear of derailed trains and over turned trucks far more frequently. But I hear you and don’t disagree on the broad point of location.

bacha29

I agree they must be maintained but you hear of derailed trains and over turned trucks far more frequently. But I hear you and don’t disagree on the broad point of location.
The ongoing Mariner East II project is an expansion of ME 1 and will run the entire length of Pennsylvania. Now when they were building it out in rural Pa nobody cared but now as it makes it's way into heavily populated Eastern Pa people who must not have been paying attention now find the line going through neighborhood back yards, school yards, parks under dams and areas known for sinkholes opening up and the contractor who's building it has already been fined for spills while building. So it's not as simple and safe as the industry tries to make the public think it is.
Moreover, this line transports natural gas liquids which are odorless and colorless and are heavier than air. yet it continues on it's merry way wherever the politically powerful gas industry wants it to go.

Off the leash

The ongoing Mariner East II project is an expansion of ME 1 and will run the entire length of Pennsylvania. Now when they were building it out in rural Pa nobody cared but now as it makes it's way into heavily populated Eastern Pa people who must not have been paying attention now find the line going through neighborhood back yards, school yards, parks under dams and areas known for sinkholes opening up and the contractor who's building it has already been fined for spills while building. So it's not as simple and safe as the industry tries to make the public think it is.
Moreover, this line transports natural gas liquids which are odorless and colorless and are heavier than air. yet it continues on it's merry way wherever the politically powerful gas industry wants it to go.
I will research it. If you are correct then it’s a problem.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don't blame you. Some that get their water from large waterways, don't realize that upstream, another sewer plant is discharging their processed water.
Everytime we have heavy rains we send a couple million gallons of sewage down river

I always call my buddies that live down that way and tell them it’s on its way

Off the leash

E75E6DC9-E6B1-4FAE-8714-871B2E540B0E.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Everytime we have heavy rains we send a couple million gallons of sewage down river

I always call my buddies that live down that way and tell them it’s on its way
Yuk. Sounds like San Diego getting slammed with raw Mexican sewage.

Off the leash

You can either spend a little bit of money on it all the time which we haven't been doing or spend a whole lot on it in the future and when it comes to the future.... the future is now.
Who pays for it? The dollar will be worth nothing. We’ll have to use Chinese money