DFW **NIGHT** ramp/hub operation closing!!

combogirl

We had a meeting with our BA last week. He informed us that the company is trying to violate the contract...SURPRISE!!!!!! We as 22.3 employees have the right to bump 2 p/t employees to keep our positions. UPS has offered around 37 - 22.3 jobs. We have 118 - 22.3 employees listed on the current seniority list. UPS wants to bump the remaining 22.3 employees back to p/t. Our BA told us they will continue to fight this. The contract also says that UPS has to allow us to follow our work (SDF) if we choose to. They are not as of last week offering this option. UPS and the union are to have 2 meetings (last Friday and Monday) and meet with us again this week to keep us updated. This is not looking good for the 22.3 employees at DFW. If the union does not fight this to the end ups is going to win this never ending battle over friend/t jobs. Do the employees have the right to vote on this before the company and union agree or do we have to take whatever they decide?

sonyatx

Where does that information put all the part timers. I know it is grim for the full timers. They even posted the seniority list last week for the friend/T, but nothing for P/T. Every time I call HR they keep it all chirper "Well UPS is trying to make a spot for everyone." The count down to Feb. 8th is less than 4 weeks.

drewed

Shankman
FTers would bump all the pters if there are only twice as many pt jobs as fulltime, if there are more then twice, pters get bumped bottom of the list up...Its ****ty that a 20 pt cant get bumped by a 3 year 22.3 but it what it is.

When new positions open, the pters would get call backs in descending order

combogirl

According to the contract, UPS wants to pay for it. :happy-very:

Section 2.
As a result of the Employer moving an operation more than seventy-five (75)
miles, all full-time employees in accordance with classification seniority who
choose to move, will have their moving expenses paid.

The expense shall include the reasonable cost of packing and the moving of
household goods or house-trailer including dismounting and mounting. The
employee(s) who transfer will have one (1) year from the date of the change
to move.

combogirl

FTers would bump all the pters if there are only twice as many pt jobs as fulltime, if there are more then twice, pters get bumped bottom of the list up...Its ****ty that a 20 pt cant get bumped by a 3 year 22.3 but it what it is.

When new positions open, the pters would get call backs in descending order

We are still in place on one shift. It is only the night shift that is closing down. We would only have to bump in on 1 shift. And yes many more p/t jobs than needed for us to bump in.

drewed

Shankman
I think it would be hard to A) get the money and B) prove that they did say it when they say the volume is down and the job isnt there anymore

combogirl

I think it would be hard to A) get the money and B) prove that they did say it when they say the volume is down and the job isnt there anymore

Are you saying that it will be hard to make ups abide by the contract and pay for the move to SDF? Of course it will. Prove they said what? That the volume was being moved to SDF? The entire DFW operation was told this as well as the union. The point is that the company is once again violating the contract.

drewed

Shankman
Ok what Im saying is, it is going to be hard to say that the works moved when the couple hundred thousand packages moved to SDF and they dont have to create new jobs because their volume is down that much

combogirl

Where does that information put all the part timers. I know it is grim for the full timers. They even posted the seniority list last week for the friend/T, but nothing for P/T. Every time I call HR they keep it all chirper "Well UPS is trying to make a spot for everyone." The count down to Feb. 8th is less than 4 weeks.

Stop calling HR and keep calling the union. :happy2:

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
According to the contract, UPS wants to pay for it. :happy-very:

Section 2.
As a result of the Employer moving an operation more than seventy-five (75)
miles, all full-time employees in accordance with classification seniority who
choose to move, will have their moving expenses paid.

The expense shall include the reasonable cost of packing and the moving of
household goods or house-trailer including dismounting and mounting. The
employee(s) who transfer will have one (1) year from the date of the change
to move.

I think this is referring to the relocation of a center or the like.
This is not referring to changing the flow of packages, etc.
UPS changes flows as a normal part of operational balancing and taking advantage of free space in trailers.

Sorry that this is happening to you and I understand your frustration but this is a fruitless path to pursue.

I'mTheMan

We had a meeting with our BA last week. He informed us that the company is trying to violate the contract...SURPRISE!!!!!! We as 22.3 employees have the right to bump 2 p/t employees to keep our positions. UPS has offered around 37 - 22.3 jobs. We have 118 - 22.3 employees listed on the current seniority list. UPS wants to bump the remaining 22.3 employees back to p/t. Our BA told us they will continue to fight this. The contract also says that UPS has to allow us to follow our work (SDF) if we choose to. They are not as of last week offering this option. UPS and the union are to have 2 meetings (last Friday and Monday) and meet with us again this week to keep us updated. This is not looking good for the 22.3 employees at DFW. If the union does not fight this to the end ups is going to win this never ending battle over friend/t jobs. Do the employees have the right to vote on this before the company and union agree or do we have to take whatever they decide?

Wondering, did the UPS's DFW provided a 45 days written notice to union yet? If hadn't then it worth continue to fight for to keep 22.3 jobs. However, if it did, then I don't see how your union can pull this off?