dhl america is history.

Wild Bill P

Wild Bill in Pensacola
Re: Fed Ex should have gone union.

Fed Ex Drivers should have voted to get into the Teamsters. With the price of fuel going up, they will all be out of business soon. The main company will milk them dry.:peaceful:

Leftinbuilding

Can't speak for Fedex, but all UPS is interested in are DHL's international air lanes. The rest would be disposed of asap. At least thats what I was told by mgmnt.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
an aquaintance of mine (who i see at my wifes friends parties) works in operations at DHL. i asked her about this and she told me what she knew. she said that they had made some layoffs but not in operations and not any of the drivers. she said they would never lay off drivers because they are independent contractors. she also told me that there were some talks about giving their ground volume to fed ex- but the it didn't work out because the talks fell through.
sorry i wish i could be more help on this thread but i have forgotten exactly which subject of DHL she said they laid off this year. she said they laid off in operations last year, but it was a different position this year.

filthpig

The DHL chick on my rt. quit because she said they were going out. Her replacement is a real piece of work. He's one of those kids who is apparently allergic to clothes that fit. Talks like "Mushmouth" on Fat Albert. A real maroon and looks like a thug.

Unless it has changed here recently, DHL is a franchise owned by two guys out of Dallas/Ft.Worth area. They have terminals in several west Texas ans eastern New Mexico cities.They hire drivers and place them on a straight salary. How the heck they get away with this I have no clue.

rod

Retired 22 years
So we go from a post about a dying company to one that looks like they have just signed a decent union contract (vacations and pay are almost they same as UPS). Just goes to show you there is always 2 sides to every story.:peaceful:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So we go from a post about a dying company to one that looks like they have just signed a decent union contract (vacations and pay are almost they same as UPS). Just goes to show you there is always 2 sides to every story.:peaceful:

yeah, they get about the same but with 90% less work than a ups driver... go figure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Looks like they make a few bucks less per hour, but have some interesting language in their contracts, did you see the part about being late 8 times before discharge. they get flight bennis etc. For the amout that a ups driver works vs. them, and how much each benefit pkg is , Id say they have a much better deal. How is their pension compared to ups?

Floridacargocat

The Head of Deutsche Bundespost - Mr. Appel - has declared during the Annual Shareholders Meeting this week that Deutsche Bundespost does not intend to fold DHL USA. Further, a new CEO for DHL USA has been nominated (who turned DHL Canada around). Apparently Deutsche Bundespost is still willing to incur losses until DHL USA has been turned around and is able to continue business on a profitable basis. It remains to be seen when the shareholders will voice their concern when losses will continue unabated.