dhl america is history.

Overpaid Union Thug

B.A.U......you're right about wearing uniforms improperly.

I saw a UPS driver (not ours) wearing the UPS hat backwards. I had an urge to go up and turn either the hat or the driver around. It looked rapper-silly!!

:grill:

"Hip Hop Culture" has brought the most ridiculous looking fads and ignorant sounding language the Earth has ever known. LOL!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son called me "dude" the other day. I am always tempted to walk up behind him and grab his jeans and pull them up to where they are supposed to go, not halfway down his ass. He turns 21 May 3rd and doesn't have a clue, which means he is just like everyone else his age.

UPS Lifer

My son called me "dude" the other day. I am always tempted to walk up behind him and grab his jeans and pull them up to where they are supposed to go, not halfway down his ass. He turns 21 May 3rd and doesn't have a clue, which means he is just like everyone else his age.

I had one of my PT supervisors lose it and call me dude in front of a few other PT supervisors. I gave him the evil stare and told him I was not his "dude" and not to ever call me that again!

I don't have a problem with the connotation of "dude" just not in the workplace when you are dealing with operational challenges, accountaility and others are present.

The younger generation can "lapse" when they feel pressure by the manager for answers or solutions. All of a sudden you are a dude! I actually laugh inside. Some time it is so hard for these kids to keep the supervisor role in the forefront!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Not all teens are that way. But a lot are.

REsponsibility they know not much about. Accountability much less. But they really know each and every word to the hip hop they listen to, and the most intimate details in the artists life.

But see them through that. In time they will start wearing the pants in the correct area and not around thier knees. In time, every other word is not "like".

When they grow up and find out that the very people they were trying to impress are not worth the time of day, things change.

d

DS

Fenderbender
My wife's boy is doing pretty well.He's going to college and paying for it by working at applebees as a waiter.He just turned 22 and he's pretty responsible,we are helping by letting him stay here rent free.And although his taste in music leans to hip hop,he also likes Michael Buble'.He's had the same girlfriend for 3 years,and she makes sure his pants are pulled up.ok..back to the original topic...
I hope DHL goes tits up in the USA,then maybe the layoffs will stop when we get all thier business.Theres no place for the German post office in America.

rod

Retired 22 years
The current generation as it pretty good. When I was 19 I was drafted and ended up sitting behind a 50 cal. on an armored personel carrier ( another usless war- remember the "domino theory?):peaceful:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I am always tempted to walk up behind him and grab his jeans and pull them up to where they are supposed to go, not halfway down his ass. He turns 21 May 3rd and doesn't have a clue, which means he is just like everyone else his age.

My brothers wear their pants like that. I softly snarled in one's ear last summer that if he didn't pull his D*&M pants up, I'd put my UPS boot up his derriere! Guess what? The pants stopped hanging down QUITE so far. No, I don't advocate violence but with some teens....in their face is all they understand!

Not all teens are that way. But a lot are.

THANK YOU, Danny....I was 18 not all that long ago but I NEVER wore my pants like most of them do today.

REsponsibility they know not much about. Accountability much less. But they really know each and every word to the hip hop they listen to, and the most intimate details in the artists life.

Ouch. That ones true. I can hold my head high and say, "I paid for that car, that car's insurance, its gas and maintenance AND put myself through college while working part-time for Big Brown." How many young people can say that today? Very sad...

When they grow up and find out that the very people they were trying to impress are not worth the time of day, things change.

Well said. That point is coming for some of them. For others, they somehow manage to keep up the partying, frat boy antics and other such behavior until close to their 30's. I don't associate with many of those but I still hear about them every now and then.

The current generation as it pretty good.

Yeah, some of us know this. The others are fooling themselves if they don't. As a student of history, I'm very well aware of this point. A shame more of my peers aren't. They'd make great discussion partners if they were....-Rocky

filthpig

Until we see credible reports of DHL going away and FDX having problems I wouldn't take what "upper management" is telling you. As far as I'm concerned they (FDX) maybe telling their employees the same about us. Besides with this down economy who is making any profit??
We are.

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
Here in California, The Fed-Ex guys are pissed. Sense the lawsuit fed-ex has been treating them like crap. and now there telling the drivers that fed-ex can and will treat the drivers as "CONTRACTORS" . There telling drivers that they can't just own one route. If they own just one route there an employee, If they own two routs they are a "CONTARACTOR" WITH NO OVERTIME PAY OR BENIFITS. All drivers with one route have to purchase another route or leave the company.

You're aware of the $ 319 M fine that was levied against the company from the IRS for the year 2002.. right?
Like someone else posted....the hen house is gonna get crowded

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You're aware of the $ 319 M fine that was levied against the company from the IRS for the year 2002.. right?
Like someone else posted....the hen house is gonna get crowded

Thats just for that one year, the irs is looking into 03, 04, 05, 06, 07.....you can see where this is going, right. They have lots of debt right now. I have heard that both fedex and ups were recently looking to purchase dhl, but decided that when they went under that it wouldnt do any good to have the bldgs and trucks, and the customers would come to us anyway. Some say that dhl isnt going anywhere, but they cant continue to loose money....german post office or not. How many times have they said that the following year will be profitable, but it doesnt happen.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You sound like your dad complaining about your loud Black Sabbath and AC/DC music and bell bottoms and long hair. My son still likes the Hip Hop crap but my daughters have graduated to country and some of the oldies.

BrownSuit

As far as all the "rumors" . . .

Whoever purchases DHL would be bound by their contracts with customers for X length of time until they could send notice to have them canceled.

Not sure what that would be for DHL, but for UPS I believe it's around 30 days.

That means that they would be stuck sending ground packages for $3 and air packages for like $9 for a lot of these people. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but I think you get the idea. For at least a month, imagine the amount of money that would be lost.

That combined with a faulty infrastructure (DHL owns very little these days, most is owned by "resellers" and "operators") it's not as attractive as everybody makes it out to sound.

Both FedEx and UPS are better off avoiding it like the plague and getting more money from customers they get back and from not having to offer cut-rate deals to keep customers from going to DHL or get them back.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My granddaughters (12 & 13) know every word to Bobby Darin's Splish Splash because when they are in the car with me, we all do a sing along with grandma's music. Working on the Beach Boys tunes too. It WILL sink in eventually.

I'll bet they are glad they don't live closer to me. :happy-very: