DIAD 4 Upgrade...

DiadDude

I leave my DIAD in my letter box when I make the 5 mile drive for lunch. When I'm done I go back and get it out of the Lbox. The Lbox is near a mini-mart it looks like I spent 30 minutes eating roller dogs. BM

Next thing you know, the powers that be are gonna make me compare "GPS miles" to "timecard miles" at punchout.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is kind of off thread a bit, but I really wish they would upgrade the software to where the Call Tag logs would update automatically either upon delivery or after we punch out.

Big Babooba

I leave my DIAD in my letter box when I make the 5 mile drive for lunch. When I'm done I go back and get it out of the Lbox. The Lbox is near a mini-mart it looks like I spent 30 minutes eating roller dogs. BM
You just better hope that some wayward driver doesn't take out that letter box. It's happened on my route. (No, it wasn't me)

browniehound

So you go (I mean the driver goes off route everyday.)

I do go off route everyday to get and take lunch. I buy my lunch at a place on my route (its always a drive from my last stop though) and always drive off route to eat it. My supervisor knows exactly where this place is and knows exactly where to find during lunch without the GPS.

How far is too far though? If you do it once is it ok, but warned not to do it again and then do it?

I have never taken the truck home for lunch even though my house is only 3 miles down the interstate and thus 3 minutes away. I consider this too far but have never asked about it because I want to save this option for an emergency in which I need to get home during lunch.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

If you leave your diad in the LBX and they come to find you and you're not there? Will they open the LBX to see if you're in side? Here's a tip....shhhhh. Wrap your diad in aluminum foil for the hour. They won't be able to find you the whole time. And if they happen upon you by chance? Quickly grab the aluminum foil from the diad and fashion it into a helmet with 2 pointed antena's. Start mumbling nonsense to yourself. This will make the supe look at you like a dog who just heard the word food. And will also make them forget what they wanted you for in the first place.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
the find bc is great, it's just that it only works on a mltpl pckg stop. If you have a bc that won't scan then it works. otherwise, it won't.

the find bc is great, it's just that it only works on a mltpl pckg stop. If you have a bc that won't scan then it works. otherwise, it won't.
It will still work on those, but you have to do it differently. When in EDD view scroll to the stop , hit the enter button then scan, then if it won't scan use the find BC function. Your board has to be active in the stop to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not true. All you have to do is go in to the stop, try to scan the pkg, hit Find BC, and then enter any 4 consecutive digits of the 1Z (the last 4 are usually the easiest but it can be any 4), make sure the barcodes match, hit enter to accept the barcode and then complete the stop.