DIAD Blues.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
Very hard, since they don't exist. All computer training
I had zero computer training on the use of a DIAD. I wish I could find that online. I watched the few youtube videos that are online. Very limited information.
Once I finally get it down, I am going to type up the basic DIAD functions of how to.... then print off them off and take them to the HUB for future new hires. How hard would that be to do? Seriously?

Box Ox

when I am standing there with the customer, I can get my cell phone and call them, and be walked through the steps and tell the customer to hold on...

Yep, that’s what I did whenever I was stuck. Called other drivers while right there with the customer.

If the Company doesn’t want to train you up front, let ‘em pay for you to learn as you go.

Amerigirl

Yep, that’s what I did whenever I was stuck. Called other drivers while right there with the customer.

If the Company doesn’t want to train you up front, let ‘em pay for you to learn as you go.
To me... It was embarrassing. I should not have to make the customer wait for my lack of knowledge.
That is just baloney.

Amerigirl

Stop being an :censored2:. She is right. How hard would it be to print out some pamphlets to Cary with you when you are new in case you get stuck. I remember when we switched to diad 3 I stood at a home stop for like 10 minuets with customer in front of me trying to figure out what I did wrong.
That is exactly what happened today. The guy was not impressed. I apologized, but that is just not right.

bumped

Oooohhh.... I have the newby DIAD Blues.... Whoaaaa...whoaaaa....whoaaaaaaaa.
Why?
I have looked online and found a few videos with the basic info. Seriously! Why would the management not have printed out sheets for new seasonal driver helpers who use the DIAD.
I need to be able to see the steps needed to do a signature release, and what steps to take in the case of no one being there to sign. I had to call in three times to be walked through the steps. Sorry... I am one of those people who need to see it in print, so I can memorize the steps. I do not understand, why there is no printed material. That is just crazy.
Okay......GO! I know I will be bashed for not knowing. Irritated.

You have the same amount of training us regular drivers ever had. I know it sucks. Just hope you never have a multiple check COD.

barnyard

KTM rider
When you hit the wrong key and it beeps, look at the screen, somewhere on there, it shows what key you should press next.

If it gets cold where you are, start using the orange button, so that you do not have to use the touch screen. For a DR-Porch: orange key, 5, 6, stop complete. I do the orange key with my gloves on and can do a thumb roll for garage, man and woman (man=1, woman=2, garage=3).

Amerigirl

We have all been there. Don’t worry about it. Brush it off and power on !!! Your doing a great job.forgetaboutit. ( I know no one tells you this enough).
Thank you.
I found a link to a book on Amazon with the ten things you need to know about the DIAD. I searched for it, and it is not there. :(

barnyard

KTM rider
I would not buy a book. I get that it is a struggle, but you are using the board every day and every day it will get easier.

When I started, I did not get trained that when someone is NI, you have to NI all the packages, or you cannot stop complete. I ended up deleting packages until I could stop complete.

Rack em

Made the Podium
When you hit the wrong key and it beeps, look at the screen, somewhere on there, it shows what key you should press next.

If it gets cold where you are, start using the orange button, so that you do not have to use the touch screen. For a DR-Porch: orange key, 5, 6, stop complete. I do the orange key with my gloves on and can do a thumb roll for garage, man and woman (man=1, woman=2, garage=3).
I use the orange key exclusively now. So much easier to use that than the touch screen that hardly works anymore.

Amerigirl

I would just like someone on here to give me the steps so I can write them down.
Signature required steps and.............
Signature required steps when no-one is there to sign. I'd really appreciate it.
Example: Press Sig button on top right, press enter, get signature, type in name, press enter, press sig again? Is that correct?

barnyard

KTM rider
I use the orange key exclusively now. So much easier to use that than the touch screen that hardly works anymore.

I showed one of our temp guys the orange key this morning. Ended up turning into a clinic for a bunch of guys that had no idea what the orange key was for.

I did a rural route today, orange 5,9 and orange 5,8 all day.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would just like someone on here to give me the steps so I can write them down.
Signature required steps and.............
Signature required steps when no-one is there to sign. I'd really appreciate it.
Example: Press Sig button on top right, press enter, get signature, type in name, press enter, press sig again? Is that correct?
Sig button, enter, get sig, sig button again, type in name, enter, stop complete.

barnyard

KTM rider
Press Sig button on top right, press enter, get signature, type in name, press enter, press sig again? Is that correct?
Yep.

Not in, if you hit the sig key, hit enter and sig to get out of the sig screen. Orange key, then 2 (non delivery) then 4 (not in for resi) or 3 (closed for business), if you have multiple package, you have to do non delivery for each package. Stop complete, service cross on package, back to the golf cart.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I showed one of our temp guys the orange key this morning. Ended up turning into a clinic for a bunch of guys that had no idea what the orange key was for.

I did a rural route today, orange 5,9 and orange 5,8 all day.
Haha I'm orange 5,3 or 5,8 all day.

bumped

I believe it is signature...enter...they sign...enter...type name in..checkmark (stop complete).

We do it so fast without thinking that I'm not sure exactly what I'm pressing anymore