DIAD Blues.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I showed one of our temp guys the orange key this morning. Ended up turning into a clinic for a bunch of guys that had no idea what the orange key was for.

I did a rural route today, orange 5,9 and orange 5,8 all day.
Why the orange key? Hit dr on the screen and corresponding number on the keyboard.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Oh crap. Tell me what that is?
Signed Delivery Notice
It's one of the soft keys you may accidentally hit if you go to fast.
We don't usually use it because the package needs a signature in person or a bad area to driver release.

When I accidentally hit it, it asks for a name, I hit AA, then void it out.
You can't go backwards when you hit SDN so you have to go through the process.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Signed Delivery Notice
It's one of the soft keys you may accidentally hit if you go to fast.
We don't usually use it because the package needs a signature in person or a bad area to driver release.

When I accidentally hit it, it asks for a name, I hit AA, then void it out.
You can't go backwards when you hit SDN so you have to go through the process.
Actually Heff, if you hit AA, then hit SDN again, it will ask if you want to void the SDN, hit yes, then carry on.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Stop being an :censored2:. She is right. How hard would it be to print out some pamphlets to Cary with you when you are new in case you get stuck. I remember when we switched to diad 3 I stood at a home stop for like 10 minuets with customer in front of me trying to figure out what I did wrong.
They do a have diad pamphlets. At least last peak they did for helpers to use. I mean c’mon, everyone has a smartphone these days. I may be assuming here, but I’m about 98% sure the OP uses a smartphone. How hard is it to press; signature button, enter, customer signs, enter, clarify name, enter, stop complete? It’s not computer engineering.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Which do you need directions for? I have directions for the new phone diad also. You guys seriously weren't given this?
IMG_2624.JPG

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oooohhh.... I have the newby DIAD Blues.... Whoaaaa...whoaaaa....whoaaaaaaaa.
Why?
I have looked online and found a few videos with the basic info. Seriously! Why would the management not have printed out sheets for new seasonal driver helpers who use the DIAD.
I need to be able to see the steps needed to do a signature release, and what steps to take in the case of no one being there to sign. I had to call in three times to be walked through the steps. Sorry... I am one of those people who need to see it in print, so I can memorize the steps. I do not understand, why there is no printed material. That is just crazy.
Okay......GO! I know I will be bashed for not knowing. Irritated.
DR-FD. Be done with it! After peak, the regular driver will do the tracer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You think a DIAD is hard to learn? What about me---going from a 17 year old flip phone to my first smart phone (Iphone 8) and they basically sent me out the door not even knowing how to turn the damn thing on.
I couldnt answer mine for 2 days!

oldngray

nowhere special
I couldnt answer mine for 2 days!

Newest phones are more designed to run apps than primarily to function as a phone to talk to people. I have a new android phone but the interface is awkward for answering calls. I use an old Windows phone for calls. Good interface but a dead platform with few apps.