DIAD Blues.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Newest phones are more designed to run apps than primarily to function as a phone to talk to people. I have a new android phone but the interface is awkward for answering calls. I use an old Windows phone for calls. Good interface but a dead platform with few apps.
I really only use it for gps text and calls. I like being able to find places without having an address or map. I dont do any of my financial stuff on it. Its too easy to lose. I havent lost one yet, but i did have one fall out of my purse and got ran over. Thats ehen i realized.....i dont know anyones phone number...lol

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Which do you need directions for? I have directions for the new phone diad also. You guys seriously weren't given this?View attachment 166410
Pfff. Something like that would've made too much sense. They'd rather me train a brand new helper from scratch and run at about 70% of the efficiency I would entirely by myself.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Newest phones are more designed to run apps than primarily to function as a phone to talk to people. I have a new android phone but the interface is awkward for answering calls. I use an old Windows phone for calls. Good interface but a dead platform with few apps.

Yeah, pressing the old style telephone handset button is such a pain in the butt.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Pfff. Something like that would've made too much sense. They'd rather me train a brand new helper from scratch and run at about 70% of the efficiency I would entirely by myself.
They're just hiring helpers and dumping them on a truck with little to no training here. They just assume the driver has time to train their helper on the DIAD. Ridiculous. Most drivers just put stops in the helper board and run the helper.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They're just hiring helpers and dumping them on a truck with little to no training here. They just assume the driver has time to train their helper on the DIAD. Ridiculous. Most drivers just put stops in the helper board and run the helper.

It’s not that hard and the helper appreciates it when you take the time to train them.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm never back after 9. Two years in a row, guess when the only time it ever happened was...

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
that's how u learn

Well... for me it is easier to learn from reading material. How hard is it to make a info sheet that has the most common uses of the DIAD for employees?
I have the basic ones down. I still am unclear on the exact steps for a signature required when no one is there to sign. I tried the orange button, and I am obviously doing something wrong.

Which do you need directions for? I have directions for the new phone diad also. You guys seriously weren't given this?View attachment 166410

I wish. I wouldn't be on here asking if I had a pamplet on the DIAD. The only one I am still not sure of, is the one where it needs a signature and they aren't there to sign. When I go up to the door to deliver the package, I scan the barcode or "findBC" if it won't scan. (That happens a lot too). It then says No DR allowed. Need signature. I ring the doorbell. (Twice) They don't answer. Do I void that stop to get out of that screen? When do I scan the info notice... how do I proceed? I asked how to do this and was told to use the orange button. I don't know how to do that either. Obviously... I am DIAD illiterate. 4 pages of asking the step by step process so far. I'll figure it out. Giving up on anyone actually helping me. I asked to have the steps texted to me... but so far nothing.

Amerigirl

I really wish I was on a big truck with a driver. I would run my little hiney off for them! I think they should have given me more training with the DIAD since I am DRIVING a cart.

Amerigirl

It’s not that hard and the helper appreciates it when you take the time to train them.
I had training with a driver for 2.5 hours the first day. After that I had two more days of 2.5 hours with a girl from the office. She was cart driver when she first hired on so she knew the DIAD. The first day with the driver, we had no signature required packages. The next two days...we had none. The first day I was by myself, I had one. I called and was walked through the steps on leaving a info notice. I needed to write it down, but I didn't have a notebook.

Amerigirl

Same thing the next day, except this time, the resident was there to sign. I had to call and be walked through the steps. I would have written it down that day, but I don't have 4 arms... to hold the phone, and the DIAD, and the notebook, and the pen to write with while on a phone call, standing at the front door. LOL. I am ambidextrous, but not that good. :o:o:o Thankfully... I am able to do that part now anyway. Thanks to the previous post of steps on here. ***Thank you*** Now if I can just get the latter one explained in detail. I'd be a happy little helper. :)

Last edited:

MC0493

The main reason there isn't much info on the diad anywhere is you use it 10 hours a day. Generally you'll have it down in a week. That said when someone isn't home to sign.

scan package, big arrow down. (ring door bell, start filling out service cross)
No one answers, now you hit the non delivery button, then press not in 1,2 or 3 whichever attempt it is.
The diad will them prompt you to scan the info notice.
Once you've done that you can stop complete it.

If you have multiple packages you'll have to mark each one not in 1 or whatever. Also if you have a normal package and sig required pacakge, mark the sig required one not in, then driver release the other one.

Amerigirl

The main reason there isn't much info on the diad anywhere is you use it 10 hours a day. Generally you'll have it down in a week. That said when someone isn't home to sign.

scan package, big arrow down. (ring door bell, start filling out service cross)
No one answers, now you hit the non delivery button, then press not in 1,2 or 3 whichever attempt it is.
The diad will them prompt you to scan the info notice.
Once you've done that you can stop complete it.

If you have multiple packages you'll have to mark each one not in 1 or whatever. Also if you have a normal package and sig required pacakge, mark the sig required one not in, then driver release the other one.

Thank you so much! Yay! I am a happy helper now. I am writing it down. :winkiss:

Amerigirl

I showed one of our temp guys the orange key this morning. Ended up turning into a clinic for a bunch of guys that had no idea what the orange key was for.

I did a rural route today, orange 5,9 and orange 5,8 all day.

What is 5,9 and 5,8 ??? Do you scan the package first and then hit the orange button?