DIAD Blues.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
41DB1640-35A2-4231-BCA9-7634A4D98F3E.jpeg

IJustWorkHere

Just passed my Intergrad class on Friday . I’m sure I Will be driving in the next few weeks , but I’m having some trouble learning the diad. Do any of you have instructions or a guide that I can go by to learn the steps . I pretty much know how to do signature required packages . But I need step by step instructions on CODs , Driver Release , leaving package with neighbor and pre recording . Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Zowert

Just passed my Intergrad class on Friday . I’m sure I Will be driving in the next few weeks , but I’m having some trouble learning the diad. Do any of you have instructions or a guide that I can go by to learn the steps . I pretty much know how to do signature required packages . But I need step by step instructions on CODs , Driver Release , leaving package with neighbor and pre recording . Any help would be greatly appreciated .

For simple residential stops: Scan, big arrow down, 7 (front door), stop complete (the check symbol).
*if a signature is required all you have to do his hit the signature button after hitting big arrow down. Then press enter, have them sign it then press the signature button again. Enter their last name and press enter. Then press 1 for residences or 7 for businesses (office).

Driver release: After you scan something hit big arrow down, then the 'RelNum' soft-key in the bottom left corner. If driver release is allowed for that stop you'll see a couple random characters like "6Fk" or "7Ts", simply hit enter. Then the left at screen will appear (7-Front Door, 8-Rear Door, 9-Side Door, etc.), after that it will ask you to press 1 for residential or 2 for commercial. If you do it right you should not have to hit stop complete.

CODs: It is easier than you think. When scanning a package that's a COD the DIAD will prompt you, when that happens there should be a "Check" soft-key in the bottom right corner. Hit that and enter the check amount, the exact amount including change. After that its big arrow down (maybe big arrow up, its been a while since I had a COD) then continue with the rest of the process for the stop. You'll always need to get a signature for CODs.

CIR (commercial release): Many businesses will have this option, where you can deliver their packages without having to get a signature. This is pretty simple, the DIAD show a "CIR" soft-key when this option is available. Press that. Then one to three different last names should appear on screen as soft-keys, select one (any one will do) then hit enter and "7" for office... Note: if you accidentally go through the CIR process when the stop requires a signature, don't panic. You can always void out the last package then re-scan it and hit the signature button to go through that process as shown above.

That's all I have for you now, i'm kinda lazy at the moment. Best of luck.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
I pretty much never use the soft keys. I use the orange button and the keypad. If you get used to doing it that way now, it is hella easier when it gets cold and you have to wear gloves.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
For simple residential stops: Scan, big arrow down, 7 (front door), stop complete (the check symbol).
*if a signature is required all you have to do his hit the signature button after hitting big arrow down. Then press enter, have them sign it then press the signature button again. Enter their last name and press enter. Then press 1 for residences or 7 for businesses (office).

Driver release: After you scan something hit big arrow down, then the 'RelNum' soft-key in the bottom left corner. If driver release is allowed for that stop you'll see a couple random characters like "6Fk" or "7Ts", simply hit enter. Then the left at screen will appear (7-Front Door, 8-Rear Door, 9-Side Door, etc.), after that it will ask you to press 1 for residential or 2 for commercial. If you do it right you should not have to hit stop complete.

CODs: It is easier than you think. When scanning a package that's a COD the DIAD will prompt you, when that happens there should be a "Check" soft-key in the bottom right corner. Hit that and enter the check amount, the exact amount including change. After that its big arrow down (maybe big arrow up, its been a while since I had a COD) then continue with the rest of the process for the stop. You'll always need to get a signature for CODs.

CIR (commercial release): Many businesses will have this option, where you can deliver their packages without having to get a signature. This is pretty simple, the DIAD show a "CIR" soft-key when this option is available. Press that. Then one to three different last names should appear on screen as soft-keys, select one (any one will do) then hit enter and "7" for office... Note: if you accidentally go through the CIR process when the stop requires a signature, don't panic. You can always void out the last package then re-scan it and hit the signature button to go through that process as shown above.

That's all I have for you now, i'm kinda lazy at the moment. Best of luck.

@KW323 be aware, some of the steps listed in this post by @Zowert can potentially get you in trouble. Here are the corrections.

You're missing a step on the residential stop (which are the only type of stop you can DR) you have to hit the del soft key or orange button and 5 to get to the DR screen. You only use rel num on shipper release packages for stops that otherwise require a signature and won't let you access the DR screen. Please, for the love of all that is holy, tell me you don't use rel num for all DR stops. I have never heard of completing a stop without hitting stop complete, and I don't think it's a good idea to try to work around it. Who trained you? No one?

COD's do not necessarily require a signature, unless you were directed to always get a signature by a supervisor. If the DIAD does not prompt for a signature, you can CIR for a business or DR for residential.

For CIRs the soft key does not appear until you hit the DEL soft key, or hit orange 5. You can choose any of the three names, but doing so can cost you your job one day. You are supposed to pick or enter the last name of the person you made contact with. And you don't have to void a package to remove the CIR, just hit DEL (orange 5) and CIR again, then it will ask if you want to cancel CIR, yes or no. You may prefer using the void option, but it's not necessary.

An extra tip: if you use the CIR option, choose or key enter a last name, and then find out you can't CIR the stop, clear out the CIR as instructed above, then enter the signature screen, the name will still be in the clarify area.

Last edited:

Zowert

@KW323 be aware, some of the steps listed in this post by @Zowert can potentially get you in trouble. Here are the corrections.

You're missing a step on the residential stop (which are the only type of stop you can DR) you have to hit the del soft key or orange button and 5 to get to the DR screen. You only use rel num on shipper release packages for stops that otherwise require a signature and won't let you access the DR screen. Please, for the love of all that is holy, tell me you don't use rel num for all DR stops. I have never heard of completing a stop without hitting stop complete, and I don't think it's a good idea to try to work around it. Who trained you? No one?

COD's do not necessarily require a signature, unless you were directed to always get a signature by a supervisor. If the DIAD does not prompt for a signature, you can CIR for a business or DR for residential.

For CIRs the soft key does not appear until you hit the DEL soft key, or hit orange 5. You can choose any of the three names, but doing so can cost you your job one day. You are supposed to pick or enter the last name of the person you made contact with. And you don't have to void a package to remove the CIR, just hit DEL (orange 5) and CIR again, then it will ask if you want to cancel CIR, yes or no. You may prefer using the void option, but it's not necessary.

An extra tip: if you use the CIR option, choose or key enter a last name, and then find out you can't CIR the stop, clear out the CIR as instructed above, then enter the signature screen, the name will still be in the clarify area.

Please listen to this, he’s right.

On my route I use RelNum because it’s always the same residences which I have come into contact before. These are people who have special places they want their packages left after I release. They are every day customers, I wouldn’t recommend releasing a package that requires a signature unless you know the customer well. AND you’re leaving their package in a spot where it’s highly unlikely to get stolen.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How do you pass integrad without knowing any of this?

Must have taught this part when you were still polishing your shoes

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I should point out and correct my mistake. The soft key actually says "delivery" not "del". Easy to forget these things when you aren't holding the DIAD in your hand at the moment.

Please listen to this, he’s right.

On my route I use RelNum because it’s always the same residences which I have come into contact before. These are people who have special places they want their packages left after I release. They are every day customers, I wouldn’t recommend releasing a package that requires a signature unless you know the customer well. AND you’re leaving their package in a spot where it’s highly unlikely to get stolen.
You never ever, ever release a oackpac that needs a signature....EVER!!!!