DIAD Blues.

Mr.Helper

Is there a 'key-lock' like feature? My board (DIAD V) bounces around in the PC be it in the box of dog treats or in the DIAD IV dash-mounted cradle. Even taking it out of the holster (cloth-like version I assume made for the ≤ IV) when wearing gloves, swaying or bumping against some door jamb buttons get pressed. I get to the customer or porch and have to void a stop or big arrow here, little arrow there, escape etc. Same for the touch screen switching to Commit or losing my marked space in "trace"? so I'm no longer on the same address as my driver and not knowing number of pieces or being able to help him quickly when he's searching for something in back and needs info.

To you guys it's probably elementary but it can slow me down and can sometimes confuse me making me wonder if I goofed something up especially on a prerecord. I can figure it out but it's a source of anxiety and takes time.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
I was wondering about a holster for it? I just carry it in my hand, or place it on top of the boxes if I am carrying several boxes.
In the cart, I just place it next to me on the seat.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I was wondering about a holster for it? I just carry it in my hand, or place it on top of the boxes if I am carrying several boxes.
In the cart, I just place it next to me on the seat.
I use the belt clip. You will need the adapter that snaps onto the end of the diad for it to work. Kinda awkward at first, but I like it much better than the pouch.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
I use the belt clip. You will need the adapter that snaps onto the end of the diad for it to work. Kinda awkward at first, but I like it much better than the pouch.

I'll have to find out about it. It's not bad just carrying it, if I only have one package. I sat it on top of a big long lightweight box the other day that I sat on the top rails of the trailer. A wind gust came along and the box and DIAD hit the pavement. I was like... Oh crapo! Thankfully it didn't damage it... or the box.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I doubt you have ups pants, but if you do, I know some drivers who put the diad in their back pocket. Won't work with the IV, though. Maybe if you wear cargo pants, it could fit in a leg pocket.

barnyard

KTM rider
What is 5,9 and 5,8 ??? Do you scan the package first and then hit the orange button?

Scan package, orange button, 5=deliver, 9=side door and 8=back door. The orange button changes the soft keys into keys that work with numbers or letter. Look at the orange button, push it, look at the soft keys. Now the soft keys work with a number or letter.

Once you start using it, you will not go back to soft keys.

specter208

For Signature:
Sig Button, Enter, Get sig, enter, type last name, Sig Button and stop complete

For Driver Release:
Deliver button, delivery location , stop complete

For Non-Delivery:
Non-delivery button, Not In 1-2-3 or closed (do not use between 12-1pm), scan info-notice, stop complete, resi or commercial.

Rack em

Made the Podium
For Signature:
Sig Button, Enter, Get sig, enter, type last name, Sig Button and stop complete

For Driver Release:
Deliver button, delivery location , stop complete

For Non-Delivery:
Non-delivery button, Not In 1-2-3 or closed (do not use between 12-1pm), scan info-notice, stop complete, resi or commercial.
Sig button, enter, they sign, *sig button again, type last name, enter, stop complete.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Well... for me it is easier to learn from reading material. How hard is it to make a info sheet that has the most common uses of the DIAD for employees?
I have the basic ones down. I still am unclear on the exact steps for a signature required when no one is there to sign. I tried the orange button, and I am obviously doing something wrong.

I wish. I wouldn't be on here asking if I had a pamplet on the DIAD. The only one I am still not sure of, is the one where it needs a signature and they aren't there to sign. When I go up to the door to deliver the package, I scan the barcode or "findBC" if it won't scan. (That happens a lot too). It then says No DR allowed. Need signature. I ring the doorbell. (Twice) They don't answer. Do I void that stop to get out of that screen? When do I scan the info notice... how do I proceed? I asked how to do this and was told to use the orange button. I don't know how to do that either. Obviously... I am DIAD illiterate. 4 pages of asking the step by step process so far. I'll figure it out. Giving up on anyone actually helping me. I asked to have the steps texted to me... but so far nothing.
I'd be willing to scan what I have and send it to you then you could print it. Pm me with an email address to send it to and I'll have my sister do it at work tomorrow.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When I bring/take a trailer from Amazon, all the employees use an app on their own cell phone to check me in/out.
It takes down tractor #, trailer #, license plate, scans seal on back of trailer, etc.

It will not shock me to see smart phones used as DIADs for every helper soon.
I can't, on the other hand, see it ever being used by drivers.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Will the app work on my phone?

sch-u660.jpg

MC0493

I've actually noticed phones going out with drivers recently for i assume helpers. In addition to Diad v's which confuses me a bit.

barnyard

KTM rider
When I bring/take a trailer from Amazon, all the employees use an app on their own cell phone to check me in/out.
It takes down tractor #, trailer #, license plate, scans seal on back of trailer, etc.

There is also an app that will log you in at the BNSF railyards. I have not tried it yet, but have thought about it.