Did my ground peeps survive today?

gixxer squid

Just another day in paradise. Nice hour break and home at 4:45.

No manifest today. Boy was that fun sorting when you couldnt walk through truck. Scanners been having issues last week for whatever reason. Be safe out there, let's go make some money for Fred. I don't think the stock price at 177 is high enough to cash out quite yet

image.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Sometimes I think they just push numbers for no reason. Hubs worked ahead, ran crazy numbers yesterday and today's numbers are down 30%. Stupid.

STFXG

Our volume is cut in half today. I know one guy who went out with 150 stops yesterday and only 60 today. Gotta love the peak games!

gixxer squid

57 deliveries according to manifest today. We are predominantly business so not much fluctuation. Friday was only 25% delivered so yesterday was busier than normal

HD in terminal though going insane. Half the terminal is Penske rental trucks. Lol

gixxer squid

Sometimes I think they just push numbers for no reason. Hubs worked ahead, ran crazy numbers yesterday and today's numbers are down 30%. Stupid.

We had management asking a thousand times what our back up plan was, how many spare trucks etc etc. I thought we were independent contractors???

Lol

STFXG

Preload? What's a preload?
You know... those guys they hire to stack boxes outside our trucks. The ones that hand drivers boxes to load themselves because they are running late in the morning. They can be elusive. Most of the year they like to disappear before the truck is fully loaded.

bbsam

Staff member
You know... those guys they hire to stack boxes outside our trucks. The ones that hand drivers boxes to load themselves because they are running late in the morning. They can be elusive. Most of the year they like to disappear before the truck is fully loaded.
Holy box monkeys! I thought it was a local problem! Almost sounds like they are trained in incompetence.

gixxer squid

laughing so damn hard

Exactly!!

Ups guy on our route says he gets to work, jumps on truck and goes. Can u imagine what our day would be like if we tried that?? Manifest is nice, not always accurate but God knows where that one envelope may be without some sort of organizing

I hear belt manager telling guys to get off clock every time I am there while half of bottom shelf is empty and boxes leaned up against truck or on the damn floor

It will be fine

laughing so damn hard

Exactly!!

Ups guy on our route says he gets to work, jumps on truck and goes. Can u imagine what our day would be like if we tried that?? Manifest is nice, not always accurate but God knows where that one envelope may be without some sort of organizing

I hear belt manager telling guys to get off clock every time I am there while half of bottom shelf is empty and boxes leaned up against truck or on the damn floor

That's how I roll. Box not where it should be, oh well. They'll get it later or tomorrow, not my problem. I love going back to stops in the afternoon because stuff wasn't loaded properly. They pay me for another stop. We get paid more to screw up like that. It's a great system.

My crew is killing peak so far. Blowing by the lowered threshold everyday by a couple hundred stops and not even close to capacity.

CJinx

Me: I have no idea where that box is.

X: But it was scanned to your truck!

Me: That means absolutely nothing.
I hate this. I really do. Same thing happens on the outbound where packages show scanned to a trailer that departed for the hub, yet somehow are still in the building the next morning. I was part of a code 85/missing package reduction QAT last year; I suggested that all packages should only be scanned when loaded at their destination, i.e. when physically placed on the delivery truck (not staged outside) or physically loaded onto an outbound trailer. Just the notion of trying the idea was shot down by the morning sort management. They didn't like the idea that it might take their loaders a little longer to load bulk section 9000 during the wrap-up.

Number one priority is speed (TLH/DLH). Behind that in second place is van scan accuracy and compliance. Safety is a distant third.

soc151

Does anyone here ever forsee the day when fedex will offer contractors money to take care of their own preload?

Most days I feel like it I'm doing it anyways. May as well get paid for it.

bbsam

Staff member
Does anyone here ever forsee the day when fedex will offer contractors money to take care of their own preload?

Most days I feel like it I'm doing it anyways. May as well get paid for it.
I've heard that floated by regional management a couple of times. Not sure how much energy there was behind it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I hate this. I really do. Same thing happens on the outbound where packages show scanned to a trailer that departed for the hub, yet somehow are still in the building the next morning.
Management falsification.

gixxer squid

I love going back to stops in the afternoon because stuff wasn't loaded properly. They pay me for another stop. We get paid more to screw up like that. It's a great system.

WHAT???? We don't get paid if one box was found later and we had already delivered to that location but couldn't find the box on the truck till later. It may show as another stop on your scanner but when the daily are out the next morning all those extra stops aren't included.

Haven't you ever wondered why the scanner stops and the dailys the following morning NEVER match exact numbers (well sometimes but rarely)

Not sure I understand why you say your getting paid for another stop,

When you 04 a business and scan the door tag, it will show as a stop on your scanner as a stop but not until you get a signature do you get credit for that stop, unless its the 3rd and final attempt

gixxer squid

Number one priority is speed (TLH/DLH). Behind that in second place is van scan accuracy and compliance. Safety is a distant third.

Nail on the head! Speed. They don't give a rats ass if you have 30 boxes outside your truck. We have a great loader for two of our trucks and he tells me that they want the loaders to move 20 boxes a minute between 3 trucks. Go figure.

You know those Ikea boxes that weigh 110 lbs thats the desk made of beautiful particle board that requires a signature on the fourth floor with no elevator and box because of shape won't stay on dolly. Yeah, those boxes, try moving 20 of them a minute. Getting slightly off topic but we are really delivering the :censored2: of the :censored2: that no one else wants.