Did my ground peeps survive today?

gixxer squid

image.jpg

It will be fine

They don't make it worth my time, so yeah.
You should try it next year. My revenue is up about 40% over a normal week. Paying out some extra payroll in bonuses but it's been very profitable so far. I took a bunch of HD and condensed some routes. The guys are doing more stops in less time and enjoying it. It's wins all around. It's a bit risky, had a few breakdowns, but with the extra guys out there we haven't had any serious issues.

bbsam

Staff member
You should try it next year. My revenue is up about 40% over a normal week. Paying out some extra payroll in bonuses but it's been very profitable so far. I took a bunch of HD and condensed some routes. The guys are doing more stops in less time and enjoying it. It's wins all around. It's a bit risky, had a few breakdowns, but with the extra guys out there we haven't had any serious issues.
You don't understand. I'm making a ton of money. I'm just not the one driving...nor will I be.

It will be fine

You don't understand. I'm making a ton of money. I'm just not the one driving...nor will I be.
Fair enough. Didn't know if you were one of the guys with extra drivers and trucks that didn't sign the schedule K. There are guys in our terminal that won't take any HD, even stuff in industrial parks, just doesn't make sense to me.

bbsam

Staff member
Fair enough. Didn't know if you were one of the guys with extra drivers and trucks that didn't sign the schedule K. There are guys in our terminal that won't take any HD, even stuff in industrial parks, just doesn't make sense to me.
It's a little complicated.

I take about 120 HD stops a day all year long. Since last week it's been 250+.

I didn'tsign the schedule k because engineering screws the numbers. They changed my threshold based on August to August numbers. We'll that's not fair because the increased percentage is tacked onto numbers that are not reflective of my CSA.

So last Tuesday I serviced 140 stops above threshold but only had 98.9 service. I had an ops manager in my face about it. So now I'm waiting to hear back from contractor relations because as far as I can tell, they'd rather have me hit that last .1% than be a team player. Hell, I could dump 150 stops back on their respective ISP's and still do very well. And these stops are out in BFE. Not easily covered by Temps and impossible for the other ISP's right now. That's engineering for you.

It will be fine

Tell the manager to talk to you when you go below 98.6% of local inbound service. Above that you're meeting the contract goals. He sounds shortsighted. Had a few like that before, guys that think they're the boss. It's best to not engage them, morons.

bbsam

Staff member
Tell the manager to talk to you when you go below 98.6% of local inbound service. Above that you're meeting the contract goals. He sounds shortsighted. Had a few like that before, guys that think they're the boss. It's best to not engage them, morons.
As soon as I offered to dump HD stops they became silent on the topic. Contractor relations doesn't get off that easy. I want an answer from them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I didn'tsign the schedule k because engineering screws the numbers. They changed my threshold based on August to August numbers. We'll that's not fair because the increased percentage is tacked onto numbers that are not reflective of my CSA.

So last Tuesday I serviced 140 stops above threshold but only had 98.9 service. I had an ops manager in my face about it. So now I'm waiting to hear back from contractor relations because as far as I can tell, they'd rather have me hit that last .1% than be a team player. Hell, I could dump 150 stops back on their respective ISP's and still do very well. And these stops are out in BFE. Not easily covered by Temps and impossible for the other ISP's right now. That's engineering for you.
If they're anything like express engineers, then they're pulling those numbers out of their ass.

gixxer squid

Contractor relations. LOL If we as contractors don't pay their salaries out of our settlements, they are not looking out after our interest but the companies. Have fun with that.

bbsam

Staff member
Contractor relations. LOL If we as contractors don't pay their salaries out of our settlements, they are not looking out after our interest but the companies. Have fun with that.
I don't expect any "satisfaction". I just want an answer so I can plan the rest of peak appropriately.

STFXG

I don't expect any "satisfaction". I just want an answer so I can plan the rest of peak appropriately.
I was told that packages delivered that are designated as HD aren't used when calculating ground core zones and thresholds. Not sure if they were blowing smoke or not though.

bbsam

Staff member
I was told that packages delivered that are designated as HD aren't used when calculating ground core zones and thresholds. Not sure if they were blowing smoke or not though.
I was told the same but my threshold should be a percentage added to the August to August average of my CSA only and not my CSA + subcontracted stops.