Dishonesty and Failure to Report a accident.

542thruNthru

Okay. Thanks I’ll let him know he’s pretty much outta of job and to start looking. I was just hoping there was a chance that he would get his job back. I’m sure it’s happened to other folks and they were given a chance.
Not saying that he doesn't have a chance. Just pointing out what the company sees. Though I will say I believe his chance is slim.

I wish him luck and hope it all turns out well for him though.

What'dyabringmetoday???

A feeder driver ended up forking a trailer on UPS property and at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it(he wasn’t caught in the lie) he manned up about it. He got terminated/suspended and his first hearing(local)was deadlocked does he have a chance to getting his job back?
You will probably not be out very long.

This is why you don’t cowboy a set. The outcome all depends on their local sups. We had a new guy do it just the other day and I was asked to bring the trailer to the shop so they could fix it and have him leave. Nothing happened to the driver. Like mentioned above if you say something up front worse should be a warning letter.
He didn’t cowboy. He placed the dolly in front of the trailer then connected it to his lead but he misjudged the height and that’s how it got messed up.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
It happens.

Maybe the feeder supervisors.... could spend more time.... demonstrating their skills.

:biggrin:
fry.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We’re human and to be so judgmental about his situation is pretty harsh also wrong. He reported the damage but denied doing it but ended up telling his supervisor that he did it before they even caught him. I’m sure he feels stupid about it the man’s been perfect for almost 2 years at UPS no accidents but out of fear made a poor decision.
you posted " at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it(he wasn’t caught in the lie) he manned up about it. " ...........i'm not judging him at all,rather i asked why he was so stupid to lie about it. If he has been there two years he would know he might get an ArseChewing and a Warning Letter but to lie means termination. Again; WHY was he so stupid to lie? it makes ZERO sense

you posted " at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it(he wasn’t caught in the lie) he manned up about it. " ...........i'm not judging him at all,rather i asked why he was so stupid to lie about it. If he has been there two years he would know he might get an ArseChewing and a Warning Letter but to lie means termination. Again; WHY was he so stupid to lie? it makes ZERO sense
He didn’t want to lose his safety award but after thinking about it he couldn’t continue the lie and sorry I was rude. I just understand we all have made a stupid decision but regret it and want another chance to make it right.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Apparently it happens enough for them to make a recent video
I don't pull trailers but I would suspect that forking a trailer and not noticing until later, in and of itself, is still extremely slim.