Dishonesty and Failure to Report a accident.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Couple years ago we had a guy hit the shop door with his tractor and do some damage, he didn't tell anyone but one of the mechanics saw him do it and dropped a dime. The company fired him for an unreported accident and took him to the panel. He got his job back, so it does happen. Also seen them stonewall a driver at the local hearing and then give him his job back right before the panel, they just wanted to punish him a little longer by making him sit out with no pay check.
I'd tell your buddy to hang in there, go to the panel hearing and beg for mercy or whatever the BA tells him to say. It ain't over til it's over and I've seen folks get their jobs back after doing a lot worse than what he did.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toonertoo,
Very diplomatic.
For those who know what happened...you are showing real class.

Glad you are OK about it. I don't know if I could have been as gracious as you.
Oh, You are too Kind @35 yrs.. The scar is still there but has faded. The hardest part was my kids wanted to go to the retirement ceremony, and I did not go. I had my own party. I leave it to the big guy upstairs to sort out the rest. Im happy, my dog and husband are happier, I see my kids and grandkids more. . In the end that is all that matters. I know the truth, my friends know, people that matter know. And my boss knew. And I am free. Hugs to anyone out there, still fighting every day. It should not be that way to people who give half their life to a company, but it sometimes is. Thanks again.

11.19igrad

Exactly. It’s just amazing that drivers get nervous and don’t report accidents. Short of killing someone because you were drunk on the job, zero chance of you getting fired and it sticking if you just report it. I clipped a baby deer on a road job a few years ago. Zero damage. Pulled over right away and called it in. Anything happens, report it immediately.
wrong. so wrong

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Tell his wife i said hi, and have a job.
1619692625006.png

She's waiting for you.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
arent you a clever little thang
You aren't clever enough to figure out a Handbrake
That cost you at least 50k.
You lost a 100k per year job because you don't understand how to use a handbrake.
You take zero responsibility for your inability to use a handbrake properly and blame management for not training you.

Have fun being poor.

Last edited:

11.19igrad

You aren't clever enough to figure out a Handbrake
That cost you at least 50k.
You lost a 100k per year job because you don't understand how to use a handbrake.
You take zero responsibility for your inability to use a handbrake properly and blame management for not training you.

Have fun being poor.
you deliver mail to people making vastly less than 50,000 and vastly more than 100,000. And this accident wasn't caused by a handbrake, it was caused because there are no alarms to let the driver know if there is a gearshift problem. 22.4 do not make $100k. maybe if they ever make rpcd and work tons of OT. That income is still heavily dependent on a lot of manual labor and contingent your body tolerating it for decades. plenty of people make your income multiple times over doing much easier work. so its all relative. to deal with less bs and difficulty and forced OT might mean earning less but it also means a different quality of life and freedom to pursue other means of income. you dont know me or what I am working on. something about my situation offers you an outlet for your need to belittle others and pretend as if youve sailed thru life without failures, lessons or mistakes.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
you deliver mail to people making vastly less than 50,000 and vastly more than 100,000. And this accident wasn't caused by a handbrake, it was caused because there are no alarms to let the driver know if there is a gearshift problem. 22.4 do not make $100k. maybe if they ever make rpcd and work tons of OT. That income is still heavily dependent on a lot of manual labor and contingent your body tolerating it for decades. plenty of people make your income multiple times over doing much easier work. so its all relative. to deal with less bs and difficulty and forced OT might mean earning less but it also means a different quality of life and freedom to pursue other means of income. you dont know me or what I am working on. something about my situation offers you an outlet for your need to belittle others and pretend as if youve sailed thru life without failures, lessons or mistakes.
I'm retired
I made over 100k every year for the last 10 years I worked.

You still blame management for your failure.

11.19igrad

I'm retired
I made over 100k every year for the last 10 years I worked.

You still blame management for your failure.
i do blame whoever decided not to equip the largest delivery fleet on earth with a gearshift alarm so if drivers forget to put truck in park or another malfunction happens, they can know and address it before leaving the truck. kind of could save lives you know? and why do u have such a chubby for driver mgmt?