Dispatching for a specific driver

35years

Gravy route
The Union is the one that allowed this change in the past contract. I get what you're saying. But the union should get back the ability for drivers under 4 years to get in the list. They should also force managment to stay until the blast driver is in.

You have never covered a route for a week and been over 9.5 three times?

If so, you should have demanded to be put on the list. If you bought management's lie that you couldn't go on because you have less than 4 years then it's your fault for not reading the contract.

The only thing you can grieve is excessive overtime under the 9.5 language. If they denied your request to be put on the list after working three 9.5s on one route then you could file to be put on the list. If you did not ask to be put on the list you have no case until it happens again.

OrionsBitch

Not...
You have never covered a route for a week and been over 9.5 three times?

If so, you should have demanded to be put on the list. If you bought management's lie that you couldn't go on because you have less than 4 years then it's your fault for not reading the contract.

The only thing you can grieve is excessive overtime under the 9.5 language. If they denied your request to be put on the list after working three 9.5s on one route then you could file to be put on the list. If you did not ask to be put on the list you have no case until it happens again.
I never work the same route more than 4 days.

35years

Gravy route
Well, then you are going to have to wait like everyone else.
There was no protection for excessive overtime until 1997.
I worked over a decade with no overtime protection.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I don't wanna work
Til 8 every night either but guess what I'm happy if I'm off before 9...best thing you can do is start bringing stuff back...don't kill yourself because some guy kisses managements anus and screws himself

Rack em

Made the Podium
Can you bump a lower seniority driver onto that route and do a different one? Happens in my center all the time with cover drivers.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Can you bump a lower seniority driver onto that route and do a different one? Happens in my center all the time with cover drivers.
Here I am allowed to bump sometimes but a lot of times they'll say no due to "route knowledge" I've only been driving two years but these even newer drivers are babied so much...never go out blind...I had to go out blind all the time

Rack em

Made the Podium
Here I am allowed to bump sometimes but a lot of times they'll say no due to "route knowledge" I've only been driving two years but these even newer drivers are babied so much...never go out blind...I had to go out blind all the time
Same thing happens to me! I was thrown out blind as a utility driver AND after I qualified on tons of routes. I'm constantly getting bumped onto the worst routes, but I am never able to bump either of the 2 people below me because of "area knowledge" I even tell management how I went out blind on every single route in the center, and people will eventually learn the route either way. But that does nothing, so I WAD at a much slower pace ;)

JL 0513

Yeah a fair and honest days work is what they told me that's 6:30 sometimes 7.....8:00+ isn't a fair days work

If 6:30-7 is normal in your center then they are very generous with routes. You're complaining about 8pm as late when that is average.

I've been averaging 50-52 hrs/wk since peak in what is supposed to be the slow months.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I never work the same route more than 4 days.

You've honestly been given the best advice in this thread.
Coming in at 8pm is not going to get you the relief you need.
If you are proving you can do it by 8pm, they aren't going to take a stop off you.
Read between the damn lines, MAKE THEM want to take the work off you !!!

Plus, I suggest you don't bash the union that ensured you get the greatest pay, best health care, and most vacations in the business.
Once you decide you want to be a real Teamster, re-read the advice given.

Hump dump and roll

In my local the bid driver has to use an optional Day if they want to go home and you don't ask to run their route. Talk to your steward about this. When the bid driver starts loosing days they'll start to work their route. I hope that helps. Otherwise you're SOL.

Oh Shoot

You've honestly been given the best advice in this thread.
Coming in at 8pm is not going to get you the relief you need.
If you are proving you can do it by 8pm, they aren't going to take a stop off you.
Read between the damn lines, MAKE THEM want to take the work off you !!!

Plus, I suggest you don't bash the union that ensured you get the greatest pay, best health care, and most vacations in the business.
Once you decide you want to be a real Teamster, re-read the advice given.
Amen

RolloTony Brown Town

Management has been continually over dispatching a bid route that I constantly have to cover. The route is owned by a runner and gunned who skips their lunch and breaks. They sprint to stops etc. This is a country route that shouldn't have more than 100stops max. But it is constantly being dispatched with 135-140. I know they are over dispatching for this guy because if the route is covered for a week by another driver the stop count is between 95-100. As soon as he is back up goes the count.

Use your 8 hour requests. Its only twice per month, but either you'll get the free 2 hours and an opportunity to put in another 8 hour request or you'll get a nice light day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my local the bid driver has to use an optional Day if they want to go home and you don't ask to run their route. Talk to your steward about this. When the bid driver starts loosing days they'll start to work their route. I hope that helps. Otherwise you're SOL.
So no one ever gets a scheduled day off in your entire local?

BS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Use your 8 hour requests. Its only twice per month, but either you'll get the free 2 hours and an opportunity to put in another 8 hour request or you'll get a nice light day.
If he's in the central he will get the 8 hour request. No penalty pay bring it back if need be.

35years

Gravy route
Three 8 hr requests in some areas.
In the central you can elect to bring back anything in excess of 8 hrs OR file for the penalty pay if you work over 8 1/2.
But you have to inform them early (before your shift) and often (again before you bring them in) that you can't get done in 8.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Here's some perspective for y'all...

I got done at 2200, no OT pay or bennies either on my rural route...

use your union and play the game. Gotta know how to jump thru those hoops, teamster.

That runner gunner is a dumb@$$ for doing that to a route. He's taking work away from another teamster that should be driving another route if it's over-dispatched

Last edited: