Dispatching for a specific driver

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Management has been continually over dispatching a bid route that I constantly have to cover. The route is owned by a runner and gunned who skips their lunch and breaks. They sprint to stops etc. This is a country route that shouldn't have more than 100stops max. But it is constantly being dispatched with 135-140. I know they are over dispatching for this guy because if the route is covered for a week by another driver the stop count is between 95-100. As soon as he is back up goes the count.
How is the driver not taking lunch? Any work during break will generate a report?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
...and it is management's decision whether or not to discipline based upon that report...we both know that ain't gonna happen...
Here, they are having the vapors over the lunch-diad connection. I think they are afraid of lawsuits like the one in California. There was also big trouble in Philly.

Any diad activity here during break and you are on notice.

OrionsBitch

Not...
You've honestly been given the best advice in this thread.
Coming in at 8pm is not going to get you the relief you need.
If you are proving you can do it by 8pm, they aren't going to take a stop off you.
Read between the damn lines, MAKE THEM want to take the work off you !!!

Plus, I suggest you don't bash the union that ensured you get the greatest pay, best health care, and most vacations in the business.
Once you decide you want to be a real Teamster, re-read the advice given.
Maybe for you and other drivers towards the end of their career. New drivers are going to get stuck with Saturday work and most likely eventually Sunday. Two tier wage with an even longer progression period and a much lower top out rate due to GPS. And it's only a matter of time until we have to pay for our benefits. Quit acting like the union is a Godsend. Yes they have done a few good things, but they have their own interests in mind also. And don't get me started on the future of the pension.....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Maybe for you and other drivers towards the end of their career. New drivers are going to get stuck with Saturday work and most likely eventually Sunday. Two tier wage with an even longer progression period and a much lower top out rate due to GPS. And it's only a matter of time until we have to pay for our benefits. Quit acting like the union is a Godsend. Yes they have done a few good things, but they have their own interests in mind also. And don't get me started on the future of the pension.....

If you have such a pessimistic outlook on your jobs future and hate it so much. Quit.
Why stay somewhere you hate and don't believe there is a future at.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I feel sorry for your wife or gf.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
OHMYGOSH!!!
You have management that has to cater to the 9.5 language because there are so many whiners out there that calve out when they get over an 8 hr dispatch. What about the guys that WANT( yes want) a big day and they don't get it. They don't get that big dispatch because all the whiners out there cause more routes to be put in the loop because someone feels they will be violated. Where's the language for that?

OrionsBitch

Not...
OHMYGOSH!!!
You have management that has to cater to the 9.5 language because there are so many whiners out there that calve out when they get over an 8 hr dispatch. What about the guys that WANT( yes want) a big day and they don't get it. They don't get that big dispatch because all the whiners out there cause more routes to be put in the loop because someone feels they will be violated. Where's the language for that?
So we all have to work 12 hour days because you chose to have kids to six different women and need to make your child support payment? Lol nice

542thruNthru

So we all have to work 12 hour days because you chose to have kids to six different women and need to make your child support payment? Lol nice

Hmm doesn't seem much different then the whiner that didn't understand the meaning of "fair days work, fair days pay". So everyone should be off at 6pm because you didn't know what the job was like? Lol nice.