Dispatching for a specific driver

OrionsBitch

Not...
Hmm doesn't seem much different then the whiner that didn't understand the meaning of "fair days work, fair days pay". So everyone should be off at 6pm because you didn't know what the job was like? Lol nice.
I never said that. If someone wants to work late they should be able to. If someone wants to be done by 6:30-7 they should be able to. Chances are at every center there are both types of people and dispatches can be planned to meet both desires.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I never said that. If someone wants to work late they should be able to. If someone wants to be done by 6:30-7 they should be able to. Chances are at every center there are both types of people and dispatches can be planned to meet both desires.

Not the job you signed up for sorry

OrionsBitch

Not...
You whine and bitch this much in your every day life assume also...
I asked a question. Isn't that what this forum is for? You don't know :censored2: about my life so don't assume everyone lives and breathes for UPS like you do. If there is nothing I can do there is nothing I can do and I will work the dispatch I an given. Every employee who has worked for UPS has had something to bitch about, including you. Big tough guy insulting fellow employees from behind his keyboard.

Brownslave688

I asked a question. Isn't that what this forum is for? You don't know :censored2: about my life so don't assume everyone lives and breathes for UPS like you do. If there is nothing I can do there is nothing I can do and I will work the dispatch I an given. Every employee who has worked for UPS has had something to bitch about, including you. Big tough guy insulting fellow employees from behind his keyboard.
You asked a questioned then proceeded to whine because you didn't like the answers.

Grow a set and get on the 9.5. There are ways to do it. We have lots of guys under 4 years on the 9.5 list.

Brownslave688

M-friend you belong to ups. We all know that. Maybe you should of researched the job a little more before you took it.

Now you've got two choices put your big boy pants on and make a good living or quit

OrionsBitch

Not...
You asked a questioned then proceeded to whine because you didn't like the answers.

Grow a set and get on the 9.5. There are ways to do it. We have lots of guys under 4 years on the 9.5 list.
I don't know what part of I can't get on the 9.5 list you don't understand. Unless you cover a route a whole week or have over 4 years of seniority you can not get on the list. I already talked to my union about it.....

Brownslave688

I don't know what part of I can't get on the 9.5 list you don't understand. Unless you cover a route a whole week or have over 4 years of seniority you can not get on the list. I already talked to my union about it.....
That's not exactly true. Get a contract book and read it.

Brown Down

Same thing happens to me! I was thrown out blind as a utility driver AND after I qualified on tons of routes. I'm constantly getting bumped onto the worst routes, but I am never able to bump either of the 2 people below me because of "area knowledge" I even tell management how I went out blind on every single route in the center, and people will eventually learn the route either way. But that does nothing, so I WAD at a much slower pace ;)

Which is bs. Our district manager told our center manager that people have went out with maps for years. Area knowledge is a thing of the past in our center

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i don't get it when people say one route sucks or another sucks, or this route is great blah blah

if a route is harder physically (more or heavier pieces), you adjust your work pace to avoid unsafe exertion; if a route has trickier driving, you adjust your speed and attention accordingly

unless a route has :censored2: customers that call you names, or the DOL sucks, it's all stepping off a PC with packages in your hands/cart and getting back on

if a route "sucks" because it has a poor time-study and your sup yells at you, lol who cares, you work by the methods safely (if you really are :rolleyes:) and that's saving the company more money over time than any minute of under-allowed