Do I really need a union for a 2% raise ???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
All you guys say is vote no and don't listen to other areas. PERIOD. Calling names and bulling then saying solidarity is BS.
Hey Pot, Kettle is on line 2...

pot-calling-kettle-black-9416841.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
All you guys say is vote no and don't listen to other areas. PERIOD. Calling names and bulling then saying solidarity is BS.

I've read your arguments, over and over and over, and have found them to be invalid. I don't think I've bullied anyone, but if you have felt bullied by anything I've said, then I apologize. Only name calling and insulting I've participated in has been tit for tat. The fact that you acknowledge that the master will be bad for some areas, but still insist on voting yes and continue to try to recruit more yes votes, suggests that you are more interested in dividing than uniting.

542thruNthru

I've read your arguments, over and over and over, and have found them to be invalid. I don't think I've bullied anyone, but if you have felt bullied by anything I've said, then I apologize. Only name calling and insulting I've participated in has been tit for tat. The fact that you acknowledge that the master will be bad for some areas, but still insist on voting yes and continue to try to recruit more yes votes, suggests that you are more interested in dividing than uniting.

Lagunabrown knows his region very well. Problem is this company/contract has become so drastically different across the country that it pits us against each other every single time. Just like last contract people will vote for what affects them.

Neanderthal

Lagunabrown knows his region very well. Problem is this company/contract has become so drastically different across the country that it pits us against each other every single time. Just like last contract people will vote for what affects them.

It’s true. Each area has its own problems. Troubled pensions plans is by far the worst.

That’s literally the number one reason that makes this job worth sticking out. First or Second to the health coverage.

If you don’t have that, the people with the ability to succeed financially in other areas are better suited to peruse that.

Right now this contract improves those areas to a degree to not jeopardize them further, or enhance them by kicking in more money for a yes vote on the first go around.

This company has sealed the negative flavor of this contract by not staffing any of its locations across the country and over dispatching the entire seniority lists

The old Gaurd take it and do their thing. The group of young package drivers don’t want the over time.

It’s an interesting mix of protect your retirement assets and give me a full time wage for a part time job.

No one is going to win, but we will come out somewhere in the middle

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
this is now all package car drivers, regardless of seniority have the ticket to qualify for 9.5 penalties regardless of their years of service.

Want to rethink that? The rest of us are laughing at you just a little bit!

$9 higher pay in RPCD progression, weekly guarantees

If work is available, I sorry I am sure you said that and I just missed it.........ass hat!

It’s true. Each area has its own problems. Troubled pensions plans is by far the worst.

That’s literally the number one reason that makes this job worth sticking out. First or Second to the health coverage.
If you don’t have that, the people with the ability to succeed financially in other areas are better suited to peruse that.
Right now this contract improves those areas to a degree to not jeopardize them further, or enhance them by kicking in more money for a yes vote on the first go around.This company has sealed the negative flavor of this contract by not staffing any of its locations across the country and over dispatching the entire seniority lists The old Gaurd take it and do their thing. The group of young package drivers don’t want the over time.It’s an interesting mix of protect your retirement assets and give me a full time wage for a part time job.No one is going to win, but we will come out somewhere in the middle

WOW just WOW! I have not encountered someone who talks in circles without saying a damn thing notable this well in ages. You wasted all those words, lied a few times, and still said nothing of relevance!

or enhance them by kicking in more money for a yes vote on the first go around.
Care to explain? We've seen this story go down in flames more than once but hey, if you want to try your hand at it who am I to stop the carnage!

This company has sealed the negative flavor of this contract by not staffing any of its locations across the country and over dispatching the entire seniority lists
Care to explain? I see you trying to straddle the fence on this one trying to curry agreement from both camps as they "think" you said something you didn't!

and give me a full time wage for a part time job.
:villagewrong:

BTW BUG posts in double space!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I'm not questioning his knowledge, it's just his perspective and reasoning. You don't use the master to fix the failures of your region. You vote for a master that is good for everyone and use your supplementals and riders to address local and regional issues. If the company is abusing cover driver language in his area, he needs to spend as much effort getting his local to fix the problem as he has pushing the yes vote here. We need solidarity, but people in one local can only do so much to support people in another. You don't try to cut other teamsters' throats just to secure a minor victory for yourself, especially when it's not really a victory.

Some would say my local is a bunch of tdu turncoats, but at least non-ground drivers here get paid top scale all day if they so much as shuttle a ground package. All that goes out the window if 22.4 goes through.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why would we all vote it down when the West has it best?

I don't understand the question. Are you saying the contract benefits the west the most? Are you saying that the west needs to be brought down to the level of the rest of the country? We have a strong pension in the west, and don't particularly need the extra pension contribitions, so we're giving up opportunities to make improvements in other areas so that other regions can benefit from the increased pension contributions. If I were being selfish I would say vote it down so we can use the extra pension money for things that were more important to me. But I understand that some regions need help to keep their pensions solvent. 22.4 has to go though, it's not the right deal.

Kamikaze

I don't understand the question. Are you saying the contract benefits the west the most? Are you saying that the west needs to be brought down to the level of the rest of the country? We have a strong pension in the west, and don't particularly need the extra pension contribitions, so we're giving up opportunities to make improvements in other areas so that other regions can benefit from the increased pension contributions. If I were being selfish I would say vote it down so we can use the extra pension money for things that were more important to me. But I understand that some regions need help to keep their pensions solvent. 22.4 has to go though, it's not the right deal.
I seem to remember in 2006 the West took less in the form of 6.1 Billion dollars so the Central States could fix their pension problems... mic drop

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

Bingo. From day 1 all I ever wanted was people to read their Supplements and Riders to decide for themselves. Yes I had to play the bad guy because somebody had too. It was getting ridiculous in here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
...and @LagunaBrown only cares about his region and the rest of the country be damned.

He's made that abundantly clear....for two contract cycles now.
I hope he chokes on his Supplement.

Last edited:

AwashBwashCwash

So you'd rather the sup steal money from you and your coworkers?

Takes a special kind of stupid...

...what money?
I'd write him a personal check for $.50 every day myself or however much money you think he "stole" by helping us fold bags. He isn't taking anything from me other than a few kinks out my back. You're out of touch. Just like that old clown who'd rather stand there and watch us struggle than lift a finger. At least the sup will jump in. In your world the guy who helps me is stealing from me and the guy who lets me drown is on my side. Give me a break with the union mysticism dude. I make :censored2:ing $10 an hour. Stealing my money lmfao. Tell you what if you're so worried about my money tell the drivers to slide me a few dollars, they seem to have a few of them.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
...what money?
I'd write him a personal check for $.50 every day myself or however much money you think he "stole" by helping us fold bags. He isn't taking anything from me other than a few kinks out my back. You're out of touch. Just like that old clown who'd rather stand there and watch us struggle than lift a finger. At least the sup will jump in. In your world the guy who helps me is stealing from me and the guy who lets me drown is on my side. Give me a break with the union mysticism dude. I make :censored2:ing $10 an hour. Stealing my money lmfao. Tell you what if you're so worried about my money tell the drivers to slide me a few dollars, they seem to have a few of them.
Like i said. Special kind of stupid

Want to rethink that? The rest of us are laughing at you just a little bit!

If work is available, I sorry I am sure you said that and I just missed it.........ass hat!

WOW just WOW! I have not encountered someone who talks in circles without saying a damn thing notable this well in ages. You wasted all those words, lied a few times, and still said nothing of relevance!

Care to explain? We've seen this story go down in flames more than once but hey, if you want to try your hand at it who am I to stop the carnage!

Care to explain? I see you trying to straddle the fence on this one trying to curry agreement from both camps as they "think" you said something you didn't!

:villagewrong:

BTW BUG posts in double space!
Grow up.