Do I really need a union for a 2% raise ???

LagunaBrown

6F6C2E4E-EF8D-4F65-9A85-6A6E6E5B591C.jpeg

This shows exactly how ridiculous you are. TCD’s and Cover drivers are two tier drivers.

LagunaBrown

Funny, I asked you this very same question a few days ago and you never answered. Am i cool with it...i think i answered you a few days ago as well. I’m not cool with it as used by the company because they abuse it. I certainly dont want MORE language that they can abuse and use to slow the hiring of RPCDs.
The 22.4 HAVE to be used on Saturday so they will absorb and replace current two tier drivers through promotions. Giving them either higher pay, pension and healthcare contributions. Thus an upgrade. Keeping it the same is less.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The 22.4 HAVE to be used on Saturday so they will absorb and replace current two tier drivers through promotions. Giving them either higher pay, pension and healthcare contributions. Thus an upgrade. Keeping it the same is less.
Nope, "the same" is having package car drivers doing the Saturday work, topping out for $6/hr more.

There is no such thing as "two tier" drivers, just unchecked contract violations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Part time pension contributions then. If they got everything a RPCD gets they would be called a RPCD! Thus a two tier getting less. Something you claim to be against.
There is no such classification as "RCDP"???
What are you talking about?

If we enforced the contract and make them properly staff, it would be a full time pension contribution.

LagunaBrown

Nope, "the same" is having package car drivers doing the Saturday work, topping out for $6/hr more.

There is no such thing as "two tier" drivers, just unchecked contract violations.
You are in total denial. There are tons of guys reading this post that get paid $10 dollars less than RPCD’s and know a two tier driver exist be because it is THEM! Doing the same work with a $4 dollar raise, full time pension and full time healthcare contributions is an improvement to them. A no vote keeps them the same! You can call me names and post as many emoji charms as you want but they are out there reading this and know I am right!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are in total denial. There are tons of guys reading this post that get paid less than RPCD and know a two tier driver exist be because it is THEM!
So, if these "tons of guys" were working this week as drivers, or next week for that matter....would it not be a contractual violation???

These aren't "two tier" positions, they are unchecked contractual abuses that you are using to validate a concession.

Shame on you @LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown

There is no such classification as "RCDP"???
What are you talking about?

If we enforced the contract and make them properly staff, it would be a full time pension contribution.
Don't play dumb you know it’s RPCD and if you have not enforced it for 20 years what makes you think you will now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't play dumb you know it’s RPCD and if you have not enforced it for 20 years what makes you think you will now?
We don't have to enforce it, they shut it down here after Labor Day until November, and after the second Friday in January until May.

Now air drivers, that's a constant battle, we are constantly battling.

If you guys in the West are turning a blind eye to your Temporary Cover Drivers working outside the prescribed time frame, or you Supplemental language is that weak, don't ask the rest of us to play down to your level.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No I am saying is the reality we are getting one or the other but still gonna have a Two tier driver either way. Might as well take the better one. A no vote does not take one away it just keeps the old one that already exists in most of the country that is worse than a 22.4.
No WE aren't getting squat. You maybe but I'm not.

I have nothing but ft cover drivers where I am.

LagunaBrown

We don't have to enforce it, they shut it down here after Labor Day until November, and after the second Friday in January until May.

Now air drivers, that's a constant battle, we are constantly battling.

If you guys in the West are turning a blind eye to your Temporary Cover Drivers working outside the prescribed time frame, or you Supplemental language is that weak, don't ask the rest of us to play down to your level.
Areas are different so different rules apply the point is they are everywhere.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No it’s not a violation. You can thank Ron Carey for that.
It's for sure a violation here, and if they work one here to deliver a single ground package after Labor Day, they get a full time seniority date as 'RDPC'....and that had nothing to do with Ron Carey.