Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Days

False.
Why would a part time employee not want to drive at top rate.
But would accept a driving job at a lower rate.
All driving jobs are filled by 30day employees or off the street hires. There is no one waiting for this mythical full time job

I guess every hub is different. I can assure you our pre-loaders would be fighting over them

Pullman Brown

False.
Why would a part time employee not want to drive at top rate.
But would accept a driving job at a lower rate.
All driving jobs are filled by 30day employees or off the street hires. There is no one waiting for this mythical full time job

Not only that but how difficult will it be to qualify? Will the standard be the four hours during the week or the full route on the weekend standard. Some will be disqualified full-time drivers.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You have asked me enough questions. For someone who told me you had a chance to be on the negotiating committee you should know the answer to this.
I said I had a chance on the negotiating committee? “Can you show me this?” And btw, my question was rhetorical.

Days

T

We already have drivers preloading before driving. No one wants to preload. Why are you settling for less?

Not settling for less. If a current driver job is not available you are making a mistake if you don't accept a hybrid driver position. It's not the best option but it's better than being part time

Blackstream

I guess I don't understand the plight of someone wanting t only work inside but demanding a full-time job. Respectfully.
Among all the other things listed by other people (harrassment, long hours, etc), I do not trust myself driving professionally, because when I'm tired enough, I can and will fall asleep at the wheel if I don't spend an immense amount of energy keeping myself awake. I just can't see a future where I don't start racking up accidents once my work days inevitably start hitting the 12-14 hour range (in peak season if nothing else).

At any rate, I make enough money to live PT, so I'm extremely patient about waiting until the job I want opens up. Been here 8 years, if it takes another 4 or 5, I'm fine with that.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Dennis better pack an extra lunch and get back to the table, this tentative agreement is all for the company. With hybrids and a crappy 4.15 raise on a thriving economy with record profits. Anybody that votes yes is either part time or does not have a brain to understand what's at stake. @Tony Q or @Chester can talk up this garbage all they want not going to convince me or over half the drivers seeing the writing on the wall.

Chester

Dennis better pack an extra lunch and get back to the table, this tentative agreement is all for the company. With hybrids and a crappy 4.15 raise on a thriving economy with record profits. Anybody that votes yes is either part time or does not have a brain to understand what's at stake. @Tony Q or @Chester can talk up this garbage all they want not going to convince me or over half the drivers seeing the writing on the wall.
I’m not talking anything up, your vote is your business.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I’m not talking anything up, your vote is your business.
Stand for something or fall for anything, we already know which category you fall under. You sit here and tell other users to not complain about wages or benefits but now you say my vote is my vote. Please you are the worst type of teamster, not willing to hear other brother and sisters concerns and attack them for not falling in line with what are supposed union leadership tells us. Grow some balls and get back to me when you do or if ever.

Twisty

No mention of where cover drivers stand???I'm at top rate but average about 2-3 days a week driving with some full weeks in there and of course drive all of peak.Will a full time hybrid driver bump me?There full time I'm still considered PT.Just throwing it out there.

Chester

Stand for something or fall for anything, we already know which category you fall under. You sit here and tell other users to not complain about wages or benefits but now you say my vote is my vote. Please you are the worst type of teamster, not willing to hear other brother and sisters concerns and attack them for not falling in line with what are supposed union leadership tells us. Grow some balls and get back to me when you do or if ever.
No some of you need a reality check and will sadly receive one if a strike happens.

F

Frankie's Friend

I guess every hub is different. I can assure you our pre-loaders would be fighting over them
They're still going to be bid in seniority order.
So without the generic driver gig on the table your part time employees would be bidding into a real package car job that will be topped out in 4 years at $41/hr.

The company has got to hire ft drivers. It's coming and so you all want to jump in a Rambler job when the Cadillac is coming if the generic ones go down in flames?

Think about it.