Do you think this contract will pass?

How are you voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rod

Retired 22 years
I want to see a strike because I would like to go have a few beers with the few drivers I still know who are working and being the "P" that they are they never stop after work anymore so I guess a strike is the only way to get together. If I was working I would vote no just because its the first offer.

Pullman Brown

This is all hypothetical but if their is only a certain percentage of hybrid drivers that they can have in a center and an area is growing then they would have to create new regular full-time drivers. It's all in the percentages that are allowed! Like everything it will depend on where you are located and whether you are in a big hub, small outlining center and a number of other factors!

km3

I guess I don't understand the plight of someone wanting t only work inside but demanding a full-time job. Respectfully.

It's not that difficult to understand. There's a lot less harassment inside, the work is usually easier, and some people may not be able to pass a DOT physical, but have no problems with the work inside.

It's no wonder PTers never, ever, ever win Article 22.3 bids. Every single one goes to a driver that wants back into the building.

Tony Q

It's not that difficult to understand. There's a lot less harassment inside, the work is usually easier, and some people may not be able to pass a DOT physical, but have no problems with the work inside.

It's no wonder PTers never, ever, ever win Article 22.3 bids. Every single one goes to a driver that wants back into the building.
And if this 22.4 job goes through it will probably be the same. Sometimes you have to dig deep and spend some time doing things you aren't comfortable. It's kinda like the mentality that everyone gets a trophy, only in the real world once you grow up everyone doesn't get a trophy.

Days

of the combination job pans out it could reward current pre-loaders with the possibility of of a full time position. I'm just a bit skeptical of it

Pullman Brown

And if this 22.4 job goes through it will probably be the same. Sometimes you have to dig deep and spend some time doing things you aren't comfortable. It's kinda like the mentality that everyone gets a trophy, only in the real world once you grow up everyone doesn't get a trophy.

Will TCD stay in the contract?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Am I the only one who thinks the full time driver raise is a bunch of :censored2:? $4.15 over five years with record profits and excellent economic Conditions? Shove it!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years

I'm not so sure of that. At a big marathon race in Duluth Mn. last weekend 15.000+ runners all got medals---even the ones who didn't finish.

km3

So much for those "opportunities for PTers" you were talking about, eh?

of the combination job pans out it could reward current pre-loaders with the possibility of of a full time position. I'm just a bit skeptical of it

Nope. Read the quoted text above. He actually admits that all of these new 22.4 jobs will go to existing drivers that have had enough, leaving PTers with one and only one opportunity: Go driving if you want full time. Something nobody in my building wants as it is.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There are a certain number of package car driving jobs all over the four regions that have been counted. These jobs have to be maintained. The best part is that you can take part in this by holding both the union and the company accountable.
Were these counted during peak or in the summer?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
False.
Why would a part time employee not want to drive at top rate.
But would accept a driving job at a lower rate.
All driving jobs are filled by 30day employees or off the street hires. There is no one waiting for this mythical full time job