Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Only When I can’t Maintain 6ft of Separation

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Never

Votes: 32 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimbomb

Covering your face holes is becoming the norm. Large corporate customers will set the policy and UPS will accept it. You're free to fight it in your personal time, but it's simply going to be part of the job. Figure out what works for you and deal with it.

Future

Victory Ride
F2AB2185-68DF-4D29-A0A2-F71D7DC0F911.jpeg

Est.1998

it's getting too damn hot for a mask. i only wear it in the building, commercial stops where i have to go through customers, or signature required stops.

but here's our latest update:
the "off property" is annoying

View attachment 295092
I remember guys purposely wearing sneakers just to get sent home when I worked in the building. If you need a day off, just refuse to wear a face covering. I wish it was liked that here because I would love to have tomorrow off, our busiest day of week.

Utility81

Just curious. Some of our commercial stops are trying to get us to wear masks. Some only require vendors. Some everyone. I think it’s utter BS. Especially when the customers aren’t required but we are.

*Mods* Please move this to the “UPS Discussions” forum if possible. That’s where I meant for it to be.
I only put my mask on under certain conditions. In the AM and PM when I’m in the bldg. When I’m delivering lottery tickets to one of my essential liquor stores where it’s shoulder to shoulder with my tax dollar beneficiaries. Or if I’m delivering to a nursing home or to old people in general.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s not. Only ignorance and fear would lead someone to believe that EVERYONE should wear a mask. If you are so terrified then by all means. Wear one or stay home. But other people’s weak minds shouldn’t determine whether or not I wear a mask
The mask doesn’t protect me. It protects everyone else. Are you some kind of nit wit or just stupid?

542thruNthru

You have a great preloader!
I had one but he quit this morning.

Damn that sucks.

Yeah he's a good kid. He hates the two drivers next to me though. One driver every morning chucks packages out of her truck because she doesn't like how he loaded it. The other is a runner who just complains every morning.

I just tell him. Just worry about my first 2 shelves and make sure everything is in the truck so I don't have to load and we're good. Bring him a breakfast burrito every so often and he's a happy camper. :)

Est.1998

Damn that sucks.

Yeah he's a good kid. He hates the two drivers next to me though. One driver every morning chucks packages out of her truck because she doesn't like how he loaded it. The other is a runner who just complains every morning.

I just tell him. Just worry about my first 2 shelves and make sure everything is in the truck so I don't have to load and we're good. Bring him a breakfast burrito every so often and he's a happy camper. :)
All I used to request was don't block my hand truck, don't load NDA, and I don't care what the pal is, load my bulk in the back. For some reason, even after talking to dispatch, my bulk stops would be pal to the front of the truck and he used to load it that way. Nothing more worse than 30 boxes of hair loaded at the bulkhead door.