Does anybody actually enjoy working for UPS?

over9five

Staff member
I like the active pace of the work.

I don't like the stupid.
^^^This. I like my every day job.

The stupid drives me nuts tho.

STUPID:
Being on standby 25 minutes for a door to clear.
Waiting to clean my trailer at the pallet dock cuz there are 8 cleaned trailers staged there.
Having to switch tractors 10 hours into my shift cuz some fool needs his own personal tractor.

I know some will say "You're getting paid, arent ya?". But like I said, it's the stupidity I don't like.

Est.1998

UPS used to be a different company. Most may not have loved working but liked it or at least didn't mind working.
i agree.
i recall getting gas cards or the whole area going out to eat at a nice restaurant for doing a good job. getting pizza or wings every friday. a turkey for thanksgiving and christmas. free ups tshirts and other apparel. UPS had you feeling like they appreciated you and your hard work.

rickyb

Seriously, how many of you wake up and say wow can’t wait to go to work today?
wow i wonder what causes people to not like their jobs???

you would think being a delivery driver wouldnt be so bad; youre alone, some music, maybe traffic sucks.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I dont mind the work, its the crap that management makes harder than it has to be. All the reports that are for ridiculous crap that doesn't even make a difference in our job, just something to bitch about.
What i really hate is the late start times. Our deranged center manager loves to start us late just to piss us off then go home at 1pm. Sometimes we start an hour after the preload has left. It takes a real piece of crap to do something like that. Therefore, I drag my butt all day.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Wow. Thats crazy..
Yeah, we got a real dud. A true piece of dog crap that wakes up pissed off at the world. I could never imagine being as misreable as our center manager. Our dm is strictly a number chaser that shows no interest in improving anything at all. Whatever, just pay me.

Over70irregs

I dont mind the work, its the crap that management makes harder than it has to be. All the reports that are for ridiculous crap that doesn't even make a difference in our job, just something to bitch about.
What i really hate is the late start times. Our deranged center manager loves to start us late just to piss us off then go home at 1pm. Sometimes we start an hour after the preload has left. It takes a real piece of crap to do something like that. Therefore, I drag my butt all day.
File and watch the $ pile.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’s just a mental game to me. I’m not one to get stressed about work because everyday would be a :censored2: show. I just go to work, do the job, and go home. Yes the hours are long right now but eventually the world will calm down. Just weird times. My customers and businesses I deliver too are always good to me, offer me water other drinks and food everyday.

PizzaToUps

I used to hate it. Nothing worse than walking into the hub with dread seeing how screwed you are with 250+ stops and knowing it’s going to be a 12+ hour day. It feels like an endless grind. All that changed after securing a 22.3 position. Love going to work now and knowing that it’s just an 8 hour day.

a911scanner

I like the 8-9 hour days...leaving before 6pm. Those are the good days. Makes it feel like a "good" job.

Unfortunately, they are so few & far between now.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The only things I like about this job are being a steward and rolling volume.

other than that this place is satans butthole. I hate every second of it.