Does anybody actually enjoy working for UPS?

MrBates

Seriously, how many of you wake up and say wow can’t wait to go to work today?

When I was new I got exited to come to work. After the honeymoon period wore off I had to change my outlook in order to keep motivated. Nowadays I come in eager to see my stop count to see how much money I can take from Brown. Covid for a teamster is like striking oil. So go ahead and fill up the truck Mr Center Manager. I'll drive ALL NIGHT...

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I will admit I still like the job. Its gotten better since covid19 hit and no pcms so interaction with management is mostly non-existent. I'm not a fan of the excessive OT though, and I don't wake up eager to go but I don't dread it. I'm paid to exercise and I do it at my pace because IDGAF about expectations.... its done when its done. And I have a "will contact asap" button to respond to any dumb message they send out.
I have one of those buttons when they send group messages for us on the preload...they dont send group messages anymore

tarbar66

Thinking about my career at UPS I have a few regrets but for the most part the people I worked with made the 35 years fly by. Being able to retire at 55 with a great pension were worth it. Part time hub while in college, full time hub, feeders and finishing in package made a difference for me.

I never used my college degree because I was making more money as a feeder driver than my brother the CPA when he got out of college.

Air Recovery

I love the work. I like being active and outside everyday. I enjoy the cool customers that make an effort to help me out and let me know that I am appreciated. I like delivering essential medical stuff that people need. It’s good, honest work and we are paid well with excellent benefits. I still feel lucky to have the job....but I’m not a machine.
My body isn’t going to hold up if we are gonna be a year round peak operation.

Said it perfectly

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
:lol:
When I was new I got exited to come to work. After the honeymoon period wore off I had to change my outlook in order to keep motivated. Nowadays I come in eager to see my stop count to see how much money I can take from Brown. Covid for a teamster is like striking oil. So go ahead and fill up the truck Mr Center Manager. I'll drive ALL NIGHT...
Like ol Jumpman 23 said... kick em in the dickem sackem deep into the night.:lol::lol::lol:

clean hairy

The Lionel Richie song "All Night long" plays in your head on those days?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

MattM

Part time air port here. Outside work is great. No regrets. I don't exactly hate it. One of the better jobs I've had. Pension, trust, health insurance for 20-30 hours a week?

Cake.

For years though, I've heard the airports are nowhere near like the hub/delivery facilities. You come to the airport to retire I heard.

Be prepared for crappy weather six months out of the year. That's the end of the pain cycle at my place.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I actually like most things about the job. The bad stuff can often overshadow the good, though. When I'm not being crazy overloaded with work I can usually keep a good attitude.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Part time air port here. Outside work is great. No regrets. I don't exactly hate it. One of the better jobs I've had. Pension, trust, health insurance for 20-30 hours a week?

Cake.

For years though, I've heard the airports are nowhere near like the hub/delivery facilities. You come to the airport to retire I heard.

Be prepared for crappy weather six months out of the year. That's the end of the pain cycle at my place.
Since air is so time sensitive I expected the airport to be a madhouse. Pushing production like crazy. It amazes me how laid back and zero :censored2:s given the air operation was.