Does anybody actually enjoy working for UPS?

Dumbo

I love it. I am sort of introverted but I also enjoy being social in small amounts. I love the benefits of working outdoors. I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. Hitting stop complete on that last stop is a great feeling. Listen to podcasts or music all day. I even like sorting the truck. It does get frustrating many times throughout each day. I can't wait to go home and yet when I come home I think about how I kicked ass and worked hard for my money all day.

DriverNerd

Vikings, Timberwolves and Prince Purple reign movie is all I knew about the state.
There's much, much more to the state. There's a bunch of lakes, 3M, Target, more lakes, Best Buy, Mayo Clinic, Jesse Ventura, even more lakes, Mall of America, and the source of the Mississippi River. Wow, that's a crap list. Anyways, the weather in the summer is phenomenal usually. If you don't mind the cold it's a great place to be...when someone says they don't mind heat, but hate the cold I just give them the WTF stare. This state is not for them.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Seriously, how many of you wake up and say wow can’t wait to go to work today?
Like anything there are good and bad parts
I enjoy the physical nature of being a package car driver and love being outside all day
I feel the money and benefits are good especially since I do not have a college degree or skill
I dislike the swings of management and the flavors of the month, but I usually come in at the last minute and only worry about myself

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I enjoy it until the green light on the board goes off asking me to take my city bus to another pickup because they haven't planned for it or somebody else is :censored2:ing off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I enjoy my paycheck. Do I enjoy entering the seventh circle of hell on a daily basis? No...somedays I’m tempted to call off from the parking lot lol. Work is work....I’m halfway to retirement....it’s all downhill from here :rofl:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
i'd love to hear the details of that story lol
Training route, 1 date, no way, told her no, “give me another chance....”
blocked number, avoided Wal Mart dock at certain times of day when I covered route which was really inconvenient considering it was RDR, bid driver finds out and tells EVERY senior driver who all give me their own version of “don’t sh** where you eat,” good laughs had by all, never had a face to face with her again. I once saw a glimpse of her as I was pulling away though. I felt awkward while sitting alone in the truck and questioned my lot in life. Great times

Rack em

Made the Podium
I get a kick out of :censored2:ing with management, that's what really keep me going. I have one supervisor who really hates me because I don't put up with the typical ups bs. One time I was forced to go back out and help a driver, but that supervisor failed to set up a meet point and time. I sat for 2 hours and 14 minutes (Yes I timed it) before getting a message to drive back to the center. I heard that supervisor was beat red from anger, I'm sad I didn't get to see it.

542thruNthru

It is what you make it.

I never wake up happy to do anything, unless its my wife. :)

Love my job. BS with some drivers in the morning for 10-20 min.

Go out and work outside and not in a cubicle with people breathing down my neck.

See different things everyday and not just some computer screen.

A sense of brotherhood every once in awhile.

Come home everyday with a sense of accomplishment. (Not lately:) )

I don't feel like I've not seen the sun all day like most people when it starts getting dark early.

When I clock out work is over.... period.

I could go on and on.

Oh and beautiful California weather. ;)

Rack em

Made the Podium
It is what you make it.

I never wake up happy to do anything, unless its my wife. :)

Love my job. BS with some drivers in the morning for 10-20 min.

Go out and work outside and not in a cubicle with people breathing down my neck.

See different things everyday and not just some computer screen.

A sense of brotherhood every once in awhile.

Come home everyday with a sense of accomplishment. (Not lately:) )

I don't feel like I've not seen the sun all day like most people when it starts getting dark early.

When I clock out work is over.... period.

I could go on and on.

Oh and beautiful California weather. ;)
The sun shines through the thick clouds of smog you have in Cali?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I love it. I am sort of introverted but I also enjoy being social in small amounts. I love the benefits of working outdoors. I love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. Hitting stop complete on that last stop is a great feeling. Listen to podcasts or music all day. I even like sorting the truck. It does get frustrating many times throughout each day. I can't wait to go home and yet when I come home I think about how I kicked ass and worked hard for my money all day.
Youre alright, dumbo

quad decade guy

Good: Money and insurance and job security. Good pay and up until recently, free insurance.

Bad: Well, scanning the responses on here cover a lot of it. So, won't rehash all that.

It comes down to what YOU make of it. My job at UPS has always allowed me to do things that a lot of other folks just couldn't consider. It's allowed me to be generous with my spare time(what little there is) and money(especially now). There are things about the company that truly baffle me. And while I think the Union is necessary(otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion) it also handcuffs what the company/employees can do. Not being able to bid other type jobs and transferring(things that would make working here so much more tolerable) without quitting(which is ABSURD!). Getting promoted(which seems a positive in the rest of the Universe) is such a dicey proposition. Why is that? In the end, we have a job to do. A lot of it is sweaty hard labor. The tone and rhythm and culture of our(it isn't anything without workers) company comes from the top(very top). It is what it is because of them. While most of us say we leave the job at work, we really don't. It affects everything we do in and outside of it. Lifestyle choices, money and everything else. I have worked here for 40 years of my adult life(just a few months shy since 18yo). I guess my biggest disappointment has always been the one way flow of mgt to hourly. I wonder how efficient and dare say pleasant the job could be with a different(non-confrontational) atmosphere.

I've lived a secure(while looking over my shoulder) and mostly comfortable life because of my employment at UPS for 40 years. Would I do it all over again? Hindsight and all? No way.