Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us too?

Re: Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us

Because it is just part of the plan. Get as many people into 1 healthcare plan. Get the cost of all healthcare plans as high as possible. Then begin the move to a government plan. For this to work you need to start with a large base. We, the union, will be the largest base and the first moved into the government healthcare plan. You will see Hoffa and Obama standing together when they tell us that the only way to save our healthcare is to move us into the beginning of single payer. The letter is just the first step. Want to bet that Hoffa has been to the White House meeting with Obama during this transition? Big business wants "out of the healthcare business". Unions want healthcare out of the negotiations process. Our current leaders want a single payer. The poor want government healthcare. That leaves the middle class getting screwed again. Don't worry about the top brass in corporations. They will be able to pay for private practice Dr's.
Don't be so sure. Obamacare is losing support each and everyday. If Hoffa and hall is in bed with Obama hall is in a lot of trouble with the election coming up soon and no new contract. And to all the people that are saying the contract is going to pass. It's going to pass but not for sometime. With Obamacare extended to 2015 we will see nothing done until Obamacare goes through.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Re: Does UPS shafting of it's managment healthcare make U accept they want to get us

You lost me when u said CS healthcare is in trouble. I believe CS healthcare has enough to continue coverage for a year or longer without any new money at all going in.

I realize everyone thinks the pension was bleeding money the health care fund must be too. Simply not the case though.

A year is not a long time.
I have repeatedly asked for actuary forecasts for the next decade and all I get is two years worth.
​Buyer beware!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I understand that those who already have less are satisfied.
What those people don't understand is that we want them ALL to have what we have.
We ALL deserve it and the company can afford to make it happen, yet "they" are willing to bring us ALL down to bring themselves up.
What a shame!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Everybody get on your knees and serve the stockholders!!!

InsideUPS

A year is not a long time.
I have repeatedly asked for actuary forecasts for the next decade and all I get is two years worth.
​Buyer beware!!!

Bubblehead...Hoffa himself summarized the future of TeamCare. I for one do NOT want to participate in a plan that in Hoffa's words is, "unsustainable".

Hoffa in a Letter to Reid & Pelosi
"First, the law creates an incentive for employers to keep employees’ work hours below 30 hours a week. Numerous employers have begun to cut workers’ hours to avoid this obligation, and many of them are doing so openly. The impact is two-fold: fewer hours means less pay while also losing our current health benefits.

Second, millions of Americans are covered by non-profit health insurance plans like the ones in which most of our members participate. These non-profit plans are governed jointly by unions and companies under the Taft-Hartley Act. Our health plans have been built over decades by working men and women. Under the ACA as interpreted by the Administration, our employees will treated differently and not be eligible for subsidies afforded other citizens. As such, many employees will be relegated to second-class status and shut out of the help the law offers to for-profit insurance plans.

And finally, even though non-profit plans like ours (TEAMCARE) won’t receive the same subsidies as for-profit plans, they’ll be taxed to pay for those subsidies. Taken together, these restrictions will make non-profit plans like ours unsustainable, and will undermine the health-care market of viable alternatives to the big health insurance companies."

Skooney

FTers currently in what's now TEAMCare have reported high satisfaction with the health plan. Seemingly it's the smear campaign by TDU, social media & word-of-mouth on TEAMCare that has UPSers worried. Most of the "concerns" are simply unfounded. And many PTers & FTers voted against the contract because they felt the economic proposals didn't go far enough; e.g. a FTer believes the cumulative $30K in raises they'll receive should be tripled, the pension should be doubled, and not one penny should flow out of their pocket toward increased health care costs. Unfortunately, such proposal is simply unrealistic.

I strongly believe Hall presented us with a contract whose economic proposal was a fair balance, at least for those who will vote. I'm opposed to the contract, and will continue to vote no, until such matters as Article 7 language is corrected & 22.3 jobs are enforced. Most of the FTers on here don't care about A7 or 22.3 -- they just want more $$$.

Hall will not lead IBT on strike against UPS. The cost is too high, especially since it's a minority of employees affected.

...except the thousands of Teamsters currently in TEAMCare, several of whom post on here and report no issues with the insurance. Take the tin foil hat off!!

Wow.

You really DON'T get it.

What I love more than anything is the satisfaction you find in pointing out that it's a TDU smear campaign.

When in the real, actual world, the amount of people who visit the Brown Cafe pales in comparison to the amount of people who voted on this contract, that the TEAMcare insurance will affect. This is the real world, testimonials that you find on forums, and infomercials don't apply here.

With that said, those are the same people who attended meetings, or heard from their meetings (Like our Local 959 meeting) and the IBT stood in front of us, handed out a piece of paper and said this is an EXAMPLE of what your COULD be getting as insurance... Do you not understand that THIS is what people are upset about, more than anything else? The IBT presented nothing except a piece of paper and said this is what we COULD be getting. Do you not see the problem with this? It's a BIG deal to those of us on the company run plan.

I think if the package was explained, and presented in a way to show that TEAMcare is in fact a viable replacement for what we had, this vote could have gone a lot differently.

Defend this contract all you want, but no one is here to blame but the IBT and the way they chose to go about introducing our new healthcare. They failed to be responsible enough to understand this is a major change to a lot of people. I've been in a company run plan for 17 years, and I too am skeptical about where this goes.. I have 4 kids - I HAVE to be skeptical. I want a quality plan - period. I don't give a damn about the $$$$. Until they prove to me what I'm getting in comparison to my current plan, then I will continue to vote no - and so will thousands of other people.

So in your famous words... Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

Wow.

You really DON'T get it.

What I love more than anything is the satisfaction you find in pointing out that it's a TDU smear campaign.

When in the real, actual world, the amount of people who visit the Brown Cafe pales in comparison to the amount of people who voted on this contract, that the TEAMcare insurance will affect. This is the real world, testimonials that you find on forums, and infomercials don't apply here.

With that said, those are the same people who attended meetings, or heard from their meetings (Like our Local 959 meeting) and the IBT stood in front of us, handed out a piece of paper and said this is an EXAMPLE of what your COULD be getting as insurance... Do you not understand that THIS is what people are upset about, more than anything else? The IBT presented nothing except a piece of paper and said this is what we COULD be getting. Do you not see the problem with this? It's a BIG deal to those of us on the company run plan.

I think if the package was explained, and presented in a way to show that TEAMcare is in fact a viable replacement for what we had, this vote could have gone a lot differently.

Defend this contract all you want, but no one is here to blame but the IBT and the way they chose to go about introducing our new healthcare. They failed to be responsible enough to understand this is a major change to a lot of people. I've been in a company run plan for 17 years, and I too am skeptical about where this goes.. I have 4 kids - I HAVE to be skeptical. I want a quality plan - period. I don't give a damn about the $$$$. Until they prove to me what I'm getting in comparison to my current plan, then I will continue to vote no - and so will thousands of other people.

So in your famous words... Get over it.
You nailed it. TeamCARE is a viable alternative to the no longer available plan UPS had offered but was presented in a pis poor manner without thought of the consequences. But voting no is useless. The National passed and that included the move to TeamCARE. HC will not be renegotiated no matter what else happens. This contract will be implemented because the IBT will never strike when 53% of members accepted the offer. Hate to say it but all no voters need to "get over it".

oldupsman

You nailed it. TeamCARE is a viable alternative to the no longer available plan UPS had offered but was presented in a pis poor manner without thought of the consequences. But voting no is useless. The National passed and that included the move to TeamCARE. HC will not be renegotiated no matter what else happens. This contract will be implemented because the IBT will never strike when 53% of members accepted the offer. Hate to say it but all no voters need to "get over it".

We don't want Teamcare to be a viable alternative. We want Teamcare to be as good as our current UPS plan. And we want every UPS Teamster in the country
to have it. Dissent is never useless. Dissent is a good thing. We're not trying to renegotiate healthcare. We're trying to get the union to ante up. Again ,again, again,
our objection is not to a union run health plan. It's to an inferior union run health plan. We're not even close to getting over it.

I haven't seen a truer post in a long time. The truth hurts but it is the truth. Time to big boy up people.

tourists24

I haven't seen a truer post in a long time. The truth hurts but it is the truth. Time to big boy up people.

May be true but Im telling you this is a dangerous attitude to take..... not a good way to unite the disgruntled teamster members....

oldupsman

Well the no voters aren't even close to giving up on this. Why should we. Nothing has changed. Now you're telling me a DVD will
be sent out shortly. I hope you're right. I'm sincerely looking forward to it. But I hope you forgive me when I say,
I'll believe it when I see it. If we would have got a DVD Aug 1st this whole thing never would have happened.

Inthegame

May be true but Im telling you this is a dangerous attitude to take..... not a good way to unite the disgruntled teamster members....
The disgruntled Teamsters don't seem too concerned with the 53% of pleased Teamsters that approved the National. Would you rather believe the BS TDU relays? Sorry but the facts are pretty clear. UPS wasn't continuing the plan as it was. That should be abundantly clear to everyone by now. Management personnel has been paying co-premiums for quite awhile even before the '08 meltdown. UPS approached Ken H demanding to reopen to adjust HC in 2009 and he said no. But now 2013 is here and it was either big co-premium with reduced coverage levels from UPS or the enhanced TeamCARE with superior levels than UPS would have provided. That my friend is the cold hard FACT that the IBT fully understands, which means nothing will change. Voting NO only keeps money out of your pocket and in UPS's pockets a little longer. This deal was done when the Master passed.

Inthegame

Well the no voters aren't even close to giving up on this. Why should we. Nothing has changed. Now you're telling me a DVD will
be sent out shortly. I hope you're right. I'm sincerely looking forward to it. But I hope you forgive me when I say,
I'll believe it when I see it. If we would have got a DVD Aug 1st this whole thing never would have happened.
I'm guessing you mean June 1st, and I agree. If more facts on TeamCARE were presented, reasonable people would have shrugged their shoulders but voted yes. Now too much pointless "vote No" bravado has been spread.

oldupsman

The disgruntled Teamsters don't seem too concerned with the 53% of pleased Teamsters that approved the National. Would you rather believe the BS TDU relays? Sorry but the facts are pretty clear. UPS wasn't continuing the plan as it was. That should be abundantly clear to everyone by now. Management personnel has been paying co-premiums for quite awhile even before the '08 meltdown. UPS approached Ken H demanding to reopen to adjust HC in 2009 and he said no. But now 2013 is here and it was either big co-premium with reduced coverage levels from UPS or the enhanced TeamCARE with superior levels than UPS would have provided. That my friend is the cold hard FACT that the IBT fully understands, which means nothing will change. Voting NO only keeps money out of your pocket and in UPS's pockets a little longer. This deal was done when the Master passed.

Yeah well, for the past month we've kept our UPS health care. This weekend is Sept,1st, and we'll still have our UPS health care. If the IBT wants to
match our current plan, we're listening. When you can show us these "superior levels" you're talking about, maybe you'll get these supplements
passed. Like I said in another post we've been given absolutely no information on Teamcare at all. Zero,zilch,nada. No questions about why we're unhappy.
The way it looks to us the IBT has alot of selling to do. They better get busy. Because we have all the time in the world.

subdivide

I'm glad that you had your daughter's dental bill paid. That's great. Our stance on our health care is when we go onto the TeamCare plan we want to see ( in writing ) a maintenance of benefits clause. It must say, ( No health benefits presently in effect shall be reduced during the life of the contract. ) We are supposed to get the TeamCare change in writing some time in early September. If it doesn't have this clause we will vote NO again on our supplement. It's that simple.

Inthegame

Yeah well, for the past month we've kept our UPS health care. This weekend is Sept,1st, and we'll still have our UPS health care. If the IBT wants to
match our current plan, we're listening. When you can show us these "superior levels" you're talking about, maybe you'll get these supplements
passed. Like I said in another post we've been given absolutely no information on Teamcare at all. Zero,zilch,nada. No questions about why we're unhappy.
The way it looks to us the IBT has alot of selling to do. They better get busy. Because we have all the time in the world.
You'd stay on UPS H&W til Jan 1 had everything passed anyway. The unanswered question is what happens Jan 1 if a supplement out there isn't passed. The existing contract is expired as is UPS's obligation to it's terms. I'd presume UPS says Jan 1 and HC goes to TeamCARE.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'm glad that you had your daughter's dental bill paid. That's great. Our stance on our health care is when we go onto the TeamCare plan we want to see ( in writing ) a maintenance of benefits clause. It must say, ( No health benefits presently in effect shall be reduced during the life of the contract. ) We are supposed to get the TeamCare change in writing some time in early September. If it doesn't have this clause we will vote NO again on our supplement. It's that simple.

What you are asking for is between the UPS Teamster employees and the Teamsters.

I'm not here to unite anyone here. I'm a little shop steward in my own pond. I take care of my members. This is just a message board.

tourists24

I'm not here to unite anyone here. I'm a little shop steward in my own pond. I take care of my members. This is just a message board.
I know you are,, and a good drinking buddy... it may be a message board but it is also a place that people use as a one tool for information and opinion. Yes or no voters aside, I don't like the way the IBT has handled all this so far. Just hoping it changes.

Drink Craft Beer

I'm guessing you mean June 1st, and I agree. If more facts on TeamCARE were presented, reasonable people would have shrugged their shoulders but voted yes. Now too much pointless "vote No" bravado has been spread.
I'm sure there was a reason why "more facts" weren't presented by IBT to those who possibly had to switch plans before the initial vote and why "we still don't know" what those changes exactly are.

IBT is stalling for a reason and highly doubt it's because there's not much difference between the two.