Doesn’t make sense to have a contract

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by NI1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

9.5 list starts Jan 1.

2. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE
    44-16 OUCH

3. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Because 98% are uninformed of their rights and don’t file anything because of it.... and only 5% of the ones that know some of their rights file something maybe 3 times a year.

4. Union is a farce. It's about as effective as getting decent advice from this site.

The best you can do is file a grievance and that's all. It will probably take about half a year before it hits the panel.

The whole "teamsters" idea is a lie. Just look at this thread, filled with nonsense.

5. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Disagree

6. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Disagree.

7. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Saying it twice don't make it right?

Not saying that I "agree", but some of his points are valid from the view out my window.

Care to elaborate as to why you "disagree"???

8. bowhnterdon

bowhnterdon Active Member

Case in point. I filed a grievance on the Building heat. January. 2018. No resolution,no panel, no nothing. No confidence in this Union to do anything about it...

9. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Company has probably found someone to be a mole and start the union break up campaign. As a driver, 40 dollars an hour is gonna be top pay forever. The 40 hour work week is already in place and no more 9/5 grievances

10. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Union is not perfect but not a farce by far.

Oversimplified statement about grievance procedure, much goes on prior to submitting a grievance to panel.

Unionism and the "Teamster" idea is far from a lie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

What did you do about this non response that you claim?

12. bowhnterdon

I continue to press for a resolution. It is complicated is the latest response

13. bowhnterdon

If I had to guess, I believe the Union is giving the Company a pass on this

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Did you attend any of the Local hearings ?

You might have better luck, checking state laws and contacting OSHA.

15. bowhnterdon

No. They told me it had to go to the National Panel under Health and Safety

16. BigUnionGuy

You have a right to be present, at any and all hearings regarding the grievance.

The best way to insure that.... is request it, in your grievance.

That's correct.

Local, State, and Regional panels are not empowered to render decisions on

National language. A positive result, always comes from the "grievant's" presence.

Trust me.

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

....yet somehow, in my state, the Panel refuses to forward my grievances to the National Air Committee, for air drivers delivering, picking up, and/or shuttling ground packages....even though the language is crystal clear.

~(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service on packages which are not air packages.
    An exception package is intended to be when an Air Driver is making a pick up, as outlined above, after the regular driver has been at the customer’s premises, and the customer has an exception ground package(s) for shipment, the air driver may make service on this package(s). Air drivers may continue to pick up Automatic Return Service packages but the features of this service will not be expanded.
    Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that building.
    Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee.~

I have had 17 weeks worth grievances, involving over $100,000 in violations, deadlocked to the State Panel on the subject since June of 2017, which are now stuck in "Committee Hold".

How is it that my state is "empowered" to ignore this National Master mandate???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. bowhnterdon

Committee Hold. No doubt that is where mine will stay. Why even have some of these things (Heat),in the contract, if they mean nothing...

19. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

Someone I know filed the same article and got the same result.

20. BigUnionGuy

That language, I think is still an issue of contention with the

National Air panel. That language is what took me 2 years to get a grievance

to the Air Committee, who deadlocked it to arbitration.... for $52 and change.

A month later, the company just paid it.

Your case being put on committee hold, only makes sense if the company is

conducting some sort of "feasibility inquiry" as to what the cost would be to

replace the current system.

Did the company give any reason (short of just turning up the thermostat) as

to their reasoning why it was not practical, and what's the temp in the building ?

-Bug-