Doesn’t make sense to have a contract

bowhnterdon

That language, I think is still an issue of contention with the

National Air panel. That language is what took me 2 years to get a grievance

to the Air Committee, who deadlocked it to arbitration.... for $52 and change.

A month later, the company just paid it.

Your case being put on committee hold, only makes sense if the company is

conducting some sort of "feasibility inquiry" as to what the cost would be to

replace the current system.

Did the company give any reason (short of just turning up the thermostat) as

to their reasoning why it was not practical, and what's the temp in the building ?
Prior to the 08 Financial crisis,Heat was set at 50, then it was cut down to 45. In 2014 is was set to 40,and thermostat was moved to the ceiling of the building. This info was per PE mechanic. The car mechanics have the heat on in their shop area. My Grievance asked for the Temp to be set at a reasonable 50 degrees

-Bug-

bowhnterdon

Prior to the 08 Financial crisis,Heat was set at 50, then it was cut down to 45. In 2014 is was set to 40,and thermostat was moved to the ceiling of the building. This info was per PE mechanic. The car mechanics have the heat on in their shop area. My Grievance asked for the Temp to be set at a reasonable 50 degree. The reasoning could only be they saw how much the Heat was costing

WorkingAsDirected

I have had 17 weeks worth grievances, involving over $100,000 in violations, deadlocked to the State Panel on the subject since June of 2017, which are now stuck in "Committee Hold".

How is it that my state is "empowered" to ignore this National Master mandate???

Oh 17 weeks worth of grievances from June 2017 not heard yet? That's cute. I've filed 358 grievances on supervisors working starting from summer of 2016. Still waiting... It's worth far less than $100k

Mooseknuckle

Thanks! At times I really do question myself if it's worth to keep filing (being a target from management, waiting years for an answer, company/union asking to make a deal, ect)

The deals they want to make with me are funny. "Come on man, let's work together, work something out?"
Then I say, okay, how 'bout this? They say "we aren't doing that".
Always the same deal they want. Me to drop it with nothing in return.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The deals they want to make with me are funny. "Come on man, let's work together, work something out?"
They always want to make deals that benefit them, but never ever if they help you the slightest bit.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Prior to the 08 Financial crisis,Heat was set at 50, then it was cut down to 45. In 2014 is was set to 40,and thermostat was moved to the ceiling of the building. This info was per PE mechanic. The car mechanics have the heat on in their shop area. My Grievance asked for the Temp to be set at a reasonable 50 degree. The reasoning could only be they saw how much the Heat was costing
It's not that cold......

Its warm if you wear a coat.....

The sun is out.......

The office feels fine......

Nobody bothered to vote on the contract......

So that means you will agree to anything .....

Right?

Smiley face ........

Poop Head

Judge me.
Just tell them you want the exact amount you're seeking, in cash.

Non sequitur

My child graduated college and is starting work next week. As I was looking over the benefit package I was shocked at the cost of health care. Thank you to all my Teamster brothers and sisters. We couldn't get the kind of coverage if we were at will employees.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Union is a farce. It's about as effective as getting decent advice from this site.

The best you can do is file a grievance and that's all. It will probably take about half a year before it hits the panel.

The whole "teamsters" idea is a lie. Just look at this thread, filled with nonsense.
I hope Big Union Guy.... doesn't see this. Lol.