Donating to united way

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Im 100% positive I was never asked if I wanted to donate but some money comes out of my paycheck weekly. I don't want it to. Do they automatically sign you up for this? Can I opt out? Thanks.

DieHardUPSER

If you never signed up online or signed a card then they are screwing you and you should reach out to your management team, HR and payroll(if you know who) to stop the contributions.

km3

If you never signed up online or signed a card then they are screwing you and you should reach out to your management team, HR and payroll(if you know who) to stop the contributions.

Seems like something that would require a signature. There may be some forgery going on here...I'd be livid if this was happening to me.

km3

Yeah I definitely was never asked and never signed anything. Ill be looking more into where this came from with HR. Thanks guys

All I can tell you is that when they tried to get me to donate to United Way, there was a whole form involved which needed my signature regardless of the amount (a big fat $0). Just for what it's worth...

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Bypass the company and give yourself. Doesn't have to be UW either. Plenty of worthy charities out there.

I donate time during my slow months when im not landscaping and I plan on doing the soup kitchens with our local this year. I just never really felt great about giving my money. I know a lot of "charities" will only see a fraction of what someone donates anyways

Over 70

I donate time during my slow months when im not landscaping and I plan on doing the soup kitchens with our local this year. I just never really felt great about giving my money. I know a lot of "charities" will only see a fraction of what someone donates anyways

Your time is the most valuable thing you can ever give. Not enough people appreciate the idea.

It's easy to give money, but time takes much more.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yeah I definitely was never asked and never signed anything. Ill be looking more into where this came from with HR. Thanks guys
More than likely, one of your crooked management members forged your name to meet a quota dictated to them from higher up. I wish my on road would try that chit with me.

Mr. Marshall

They begin taking money at the beginning of each year so you waited nearly 4 months to deal with this? They would have asked last July or August.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I filled out the form and put $20 for wounded warrior every week… At the bottom of every paycheck it says $20 goes to United Way

I have $30 taken out every week and it all goes to our local Hospice. It also shows as UW on my pay stub.

Can you imagine the headache for payroll of having to individually list who we earmarked our donations to?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I have $30 taken out every week and it all goes to our local Hospice. It also shows as UW on my pay stub.

Can you imagine the headache for payroll of having to individually list who we earmarked our donations to?
Uh...I can imagine the headache I have when payroll constantly screws up my
Paycheck