Down The Toilet at Express

The Mayor

Now that is silly. Maybe if you do your homework, you'll find Ground has been making a killing. "financial distributions from Express..." Really? Or are you saying that Memphis has been investing more in the Ground and HD network? I've been saying that for years. But that we owe our existence to Express? Please be careful not to choke on that piece of arrogance.

Let me be clear...its not arrogance (as you suggest), its fact. Memphis has chosen to expand the ground network and division (along with all of the others for that matter) with revenue from the Express division. That's a pure and simple fact. Most recently, according to Fed Ex financial reports, the latest endavor in ground was establishing the "ground network" with another 200 million dollars across the midwest. I suggest you do your homework if you want to compare apples and oranges...

TUT

Customers are driving which service to use. Obviously the economy tanking drives which service they use to a more economical one. Silly to argue any other reason.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me be clear...its not arrogance (as you suggest), its fact. Memphis has chosen to expand the ground network and division (along with all of the others for that matter) with revenue from the Express division. That's a pure and simple fact. Most recently, according to Fed Ex financial reports, the latest endavor in ground was establishing the "ground network" with another 200 million dollars across the midwest. I suggest you do your homework if you want to compare apples and oranges...
Let me be perfectly clear. That money made by Express is being reinvested in Ground is not in question. It is a profitable investment and that could not be said if Express was "carrying" Ground.