Driver facing cameras in the cab

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So you think its ok for employees to tamper with company property?
and you don't know me so don't assume that you do.
Tampering would be physically opening or damaging..not to mention most people have probably not even signed a release of pictures or videos being taken of them..

Thebrownblob

Tampering would be physically opening or damaging..not to mention most people have probably not even signed a release of pictures or videos being taken of them..
Already heard of feeder drivers in trouble for trying to block the camera and they call it tampering, as far as your picture being taken Iā€™m sure something we signed yearly has got some sort of release thrown in there because theyā€™re a bunch of sneaky šŸ’©heads.

Ou812fu

Already heard of feeder drivers in trouble for trying to block the camera and they call it tampering, as far as your picture being taken Iā€™m sure something we signed yearly has got some sort of release thrown in there because theyā€™re a bunch of sneaky šŸ’©heads.
That is why you never sign anything.

Ou812fu

I believe that the picture/ video release has to be its own paper. You can always ask if you ever signed one..

Thebrownblob

I will bet it doesnā€™t matter. Weā€™re on camera all day. Implied consent.
And thereā€™s lots we donā€™t sign that we have to do in order to stay employed. As a general rule itā€™s a good idea for most not to sign their own discipline, simply because they donā€™t understand what theyā€™re signing, or the time constraints involved. RTS does not absolve you from much of anything if itā€™s legitimate.

Thebrownblob

Also donā€™t like people to sign their own discipline because if they do get in some sort of trouble, thereā€™s always a smart Alec labor manager who wants to sayā€¦.. ā€œit says right here you signed it, what donā€™t you understand?ā€ Donā€™t give them that satisfaction lol.

Ou812fu

Never do, I RTS, but youā€™re still acknowledging youā€™ve seen it. Unless itā€™s DOT required.
The second part of this is the company openly lied and said the onward one was not a camera. They called it a sensor.the third part is. That management knows that people use the inside of package cars to pee in bottles. It is illegal federally to have a camera pointing at a restroom.

Thebrownblob

The second part of this is the company openly lied and said the onward one was not a camera. They called it a sensor.the third part is. That management knows that people use the inside of package cars to pee in bottles. It is illegal federally to have a camera pointing at a restroom.
Youā€™re preaching to the choir brother, I just donā€™t know if any of that will matter will have to find out.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I donā€™t care anymore.
And thereā€™s lots we donā€™t sign that we have to do in order to stay employed. As a general rule itā€™s a good idea for most not to sign their own discipline, simply because they donā€™t understand what theyā€™re signing, or the time constraints involved. RTS does not absolve you from much of anything if itā€™s legitimate.
I always refused to sign. I ainā€™t admitting to anything.

Ou812fu

I will bet it doesnā€™t matter. Weā€™re on camera all day. Implied consent.
A lot of states require that an employer or anyone that has pictures taken by companies have a signed release. The same as recorded conversations. They better of informed you.

UnionStrong

A lot of states require that an employer or anyone that has pictures taken by companies have a signed release. The same as recorded conversations. They better of informed you.
What states? And what exceptions? If UPS can get away with it, they will. They have legal departments check this stuff out. Itā€™ll be a negotiation point.

Ou812fu

Look up the act.

What states? And what exceptions? If UPS can get away with it, they will. They have legal departments check this stuff out. Itā€™ll be a negotiation point.
Generally, employers are not allowed to listen to or record conversations of their employees without the consent of the parties involved. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) allows employers to listen in on business calls, but are not allowed to record or listen to private conversations.

Thebrownblob

Look up the act.

Generally, employers are not allowed to listen to or record conversations of their employees without the consent of the parties involved. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) allows employers to listen in on business calls, but are not allowed to record or listen to private conversations.
Well we donā€™t have the cameras where I am so I could not tell you, but I would imagine they will cover their legal bases when it happens.

UnionStrong

Look up the act.

So a sign goes up, ā€œemployees on duty may be subject to video and audio recordingā€. Now what? Quit? The airline pilots are recorded. Safety? I donā€™t know if they will get away with it, but theyā€™re sure acting like they will.