Driver facing cameras in the cab

Thebrownblob

Correct. You just have to be told that you are being recorded.

While State laws vary, it is generally legal as long as you know you are being recorded by your employer in their vehicle.

You don’t even necessarily have to agree to it. Implied consent.

Can you refuse to being recorded? That will take lawyers and courts to decide.
Lots of Cowboys are walking off the job The day those go in there truck! They don’t care what the union says! Or the arbitrator!

Non liberal

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
What if I don’t identify as my self the day you catch me reaching for my coffee?

brett636

Yes it is. What did you think it was?

How can a sensor detect distracted driving? It's a camera that analyses your movements.

Yes it can, But will it? That is an option that has to be enabled.

Wow. You're amazing.

Yes, it does have the ability to record. Whether it is enabled is a different story. Even if it is, it cannot be used against you, at least not yet.
Holy unnecessary multiquote Batman!

Software setting changes aren’t hard to make. Making those inward cameras record is as easy as flipping a light switch.

Non sequitur

I found the training manual here's the title of the book.
Screenshot_20220517-113724.png

Trucker Clock

Holy unnecessary multiquote Batman!

Easier to multi-quote than it is to reply to each individual post.

Software setting changes aren’t hard to make. Making those inward cameras record is as easy as flipping a light switch.

Yes, it’s easy to change the settings to have these cameras record. But your Center Manager cannot do this, Lytx has to do this, and you must be informed first if the cameras are to start recording.

At the moment, they do not record. We will find out what the Arbitrators ruling is, and what is negotiated in the upcoming contract.

So, if the cameras do record, I guess you should do it by the methods.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Easier to multi-quote than it is to reply to each individual post.

Yes, it’s easy to change the settings to have these cameras record. But your Center Manager cannot do this, Lytx has to do this, and you must be informed first if the cameras are to start recording.

At the moment, they do not record. We will find out what the Arbitrators ruling is, and what is negotiated in the upcoming contract.

So, if the cameras do record, I guess you should do it by the methods.
If they cant record, how do they create video for coaching with a sensor. Is this not a recording? Pray tell

chicken alfredo

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
I’ve seen some of the footage from your office . I didn’t know you could sit for so long with your thumb up your ass ! Don’t you wear your class ring on that thumb ?

Trucker Clock

If they cant record, how do they create video for coaching with a sensor. Is this not a recording? Pray tell

They don’t create a video for coaching. The camera logs events, John Doe picked up his phone while driving at 0930.

There is no physical video to replay showing this action.

And it is not a sensor. It is a camera watching you. It just doesn’t record video or broadcast livestream.

It does have that capability though, if enabled.

Box Ox

They don’t create a video for coaching. The camera logs events, John Doe picked up his phone while driving at 0930.

There is no physical video to replay showing this action.

And it is not a sensor. It is a camera watching you. It just doesn’t record video or broadcast livestream.

Heavy Package

The cameras, like everything else at UPS, generate reports for management. What I am seeing where I am is that these reports are then generating notifications to ORS and Center Managers for who needs more frequent OJS rides, on road following, and "coaching" sessions. They have a complete list of all the drivers in our center and now it is generating frequency reports for how often they need to be followed up on. Some even shows monthly / quarterly / etc. "tasks" for ORS to do for certain drivers based on the camera feedback. This is BS. Topic for 2023 contract.