Driver facing cameras in the cab

ManInBrown

If they’re going to fire drivers for taking a 5 minute breather after driving an hour and a half to a building after they put the trailer on the door they won’t have any drivers left.

Whither

Scofflaw
Harass them for what? What did they see on the outward camera If you know.
One driver, because they saw him proceed through an intersection on a green light at 12 mph while another car had stopped in the middle of the intersection.

Another they saw make a "California stop" at a stop sign.

Another had a near miss tier 3 creeping out into a blind intersection.

People are excusing the front-facing camera, but it's just a harassment tool -- the company operates by trying to make us fear for our jobs at all times.

542thruNthru

Another they saw make a "California stop" at a stop sign.

Another had a near miss tier 3 creeping out into a blind intersection.

People are excusing the front-facing camera, but it's just a harassment tool -- the company operates by trying to make us fear for our jobs at all times.
This was the biggest wide spread issue here. The DM tried to make it the safety committees job to go talk to members about it and tell them it could result in discipline. My stewards and BA put a stop to that right away.

K20A

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us.
Probably spying on drivers using the wee bottle LOL

Whither

Scofflaw
This was the biggest wide spread issue here. The DM tried to make it the safety committees job to go talk to members about it and tell them it could result in discipline. My stewards and BA put a stop to that right away.
I've considered getting on the safety committee in order to put a stop to nonsense like this -- and also to lay out the hostile nature of our work environment to the rookies. Drivers' unsafe habits, like rolling stop signs, are a reflection of the company's training. The company is always pushing people to bend the rules and to sacrifice safety for productivity. Also, most drivers want to get home. Of course it's on us to refuse that bargain, but let's face it: we have to do so collectively, as a union. I tell the burners (our "runner gunners") that I want to get home too, but rushing and cutting corners to do it is a failed strategy. "There's no individual solution to a collective problem."

I was talking with a rookie last week. Turns out his horn stopped working during his air run. The mechanic and his supe both basically told him to just "be extra careful." Lacking confidence, and feeling the pressure to "get it done," he delivered the entire route without a horn. I traded numbers with him and made sure he had all the stews' numbers too. Told him to call me anytime he gets in a situation like this.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Don't block the sensor...You can't mess with THEIR equipment.
But your own sunglasses, well you can protect your eyes from I.R. beams...
The benefit is that "events" will not be triggered, so no recording of body triggered "events".
If the camera cant find your retinas, it can't find your face and body.
I have a pair, they work.

which pair did you get ? Great idea by the way. Thanks for posting this.

35years

Gravy route
which pair did you get ? Great idea by the way. Thanks for posting this.
I got the IR-light colored lenses to be able to use them when it is dark while delivering in the winter. I didn't get the reflective frames (the lenses still absorb the IR beam however) because I didn't want to tip UPS off if they ever did tape me.